All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
qworster
join:2001-11-25
Bryn Mawr, PA

qworster

[DIRECTV] DirecTv moving Sprout to premium tier.

I got an email that says that DirecTv is moving Sprout to their premium tier. I have small kids and Sprout was one reason I got DirecTv (cable had Sprout on a premium tier).

I have about 7 months on my 2 year commitment. Can I use this to get out of my commitment? FiOS has some good package deals these days.

Coop73
@mycingular.net

Coop73

Anon

I just called Directv and they stated that a change in programming does not constitute a breach of contract. I have small children as well so this change did not sit well with me. I asked to be transferred to their retention department and they moved up to the package that includes Sprout with a $5 discount for 24 months.

PissedDaddy
@comcastbusiness.net

PissedDaddy

Anon

My 2 yo daughter is going to be PISSED OFF.

If I add the Choice Ultimate I will have to pay an extra $5/month for each receiver (3 dvr's 1 regular huges box).
Our bill is already $105/month. I have no interest in adding another $5 per month let alone $20.

I'll have to start having the DVR in my cave record sprout for long stretches and dump them on DVD's for her. She loves sprout but she got like 7 Caillou and 4 Angelina DVD's for Christmas. Her personal library is bigger than sprout's for those shows.

UpsetMomma
@texascom.net

UpsetMomma to qworster

Anon

to qworster
I'm really upset with this change. I am a single mom living on a limited budget. I chose the Family package because it had good choices and Sprout and was a price I can afford. At the time I never heard of Sprout and I read about it and thought it was a good channel. Well, I was right. My son loves the programing and the orginals. I called DirecTv and they told me in order to keep it I would have to go to the Choice Ultima package that is over $40 more than what I am paying now!! I don't know if I can budget that in. Although I may have to. My son saw a message scrolling on Sprout about DirecTv and he asked me what it said and I told him what was happening. Well, he was very upset. I would drop DirecTv, but it and Dish Network are the only choices I have in my town.

spacematrix
@comcastbusiness.net

spacematrix to qworster

Anon

to qworster
Looks like DTV has hushed up one thread on their forums critical of their decision.
quote:
No SPROUT consider us GONE | DIRECTV® Whole-Home DVR servic ...
forums.directv.com › ... › DIRECTV® Whole-Home DVR service
8 posts - 6 authors - 2 days ago
"The Sprout channel may soon be unavailable to some DIRECTV customers. Sprout has been negotiating with DIRECTV for more than a year ...

Try to read the post and this will appear...
quote:
The system has detected an error and cannot display the requested page. This may be result of an unforeseen program error or an error with the site hosting this program.
In most cases, the system will continue to operate, although operations like the one you attempted may fail.
I wonder DTV is just threatening to move Sprout to a higher tier just to rope people into a contract with the more expensive package and then at the last minute decide not to move Sprout. Too bad for those that switched just to get Sprout.
comp
Premium Member
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA

comp

Premium Member

Changing packages does not change your contract
qworster
join:2001-11-25
Bryn Mawr, PA

qworster

I think we should all call DTV and complain. The least they should do is upgrade people who complain so they can keep Sprout. My kids are going to be VERY upset when it goes away-and my contract ends in July-and I WILL be looking at alternatives to DTV.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0 to qworster

Premium Member

to qworster
Isn't this normal DTV MO hook em and screw em.

Just like the past year new subs NFL Sunday rip off for free... but them $300 the next year.
comp
Premium Member
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA
·Armstrong

comp

Premium Member

said by Hayward0:

Isn't this normal DTV MO hook em and screw em.

Just like the past year new subs NFL Sunday rip off for free... but them $300 the next year.

It was very clearly documented that it was a one time promo and 300 the next yeat

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

1 recommendation

grohgreg to qworster

to qworster
Current subscribers that already have Sprout in their package will keep it. New customers will have to subscribe to Choice Ultimate to get it

//greg//

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone

lilhurricane to qworster

Numquam oblita

to qworster
Email just arrived:

Dear Customer,

We wanted to provide an important follow up regarding the Sprout channel e-mail message you received on Tuesday. We're pleased to have found a solution that enables current customers who have Sprout to keep it in their programming package after February 8th.

An upgrade to the CHOICE ULTIMATE package is not required by current customers.

New customers coming on to the DIRECTV service after February 8th will need to subscribe to the CHOICE ULTIMATE package to view the Sprout channel.

At DIRECTV, we strive to bring you the best entertainment experience available. We are always evaluating our programming so we may provide more choice and at the same time manage rising programming costs on behalf of all of our customers. It was never our intention to remove Sprout from our service.

Thank you for your time and for being a valued member of the DIRECTV family.

Sincerely,

DIRECTV