spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Koalala
@rogers.com

Koalala

Anon

ING ID Verification form

I opened a Thrive chequing account with ING after hearing a lot of praise for their no-fee banking and told how easy it is to open an account. At the time, they were also offering a bonus $50 if I used a certain promo Orange Key, which didn't hurt.

So after applying online and having my initial cheque clear, I get a letter in the mail saying I have to fill out the following ID Verification form and mail it back to them before they can set up my account.

So I called ING up and the employee told me that basically the credit people they contacted don't have enough info on me and so they need this form as extra confirmation of my identity. I can understand this as I have yet to own a credit card or take out a loan, but the way they went about this is baffling to me.

First off, notice beforehand would've been helpful and secondly, why send the form out only AFTER my cheque clears? Why not before so that I could've got it back to them before my cheque even cleared and I'd have use of the account (and my money) right away? Honestly, I don't get it.

(tl;dr) Anyhow, the form, along with a photocopy of my ID, has to be signed by an 'accredited professional' (Dentist, lawyer, doctor, pharmacist, ect.) Now, my question is: is there anyone who won't ding me with a fee for a 5 second signature? I'm guessing no, right?
Robrr
join:2008-04-19

Robrr

If you have a good relationship with any "accredited professional", I'm sure they will do it for free.

When I was getting my passport, I had my chiropractor at the time who I had known for a good number of years sign it for me and she didn't charge me a cent.

joeblow3
join:2000-12-27
h0h0h0

joeblow3

It is illegal for a professional, in your case chiropractor, to charge a fee to guarantor your passport application.

This ID app from ING is part of the banking regulations. So you don't do some money laundrying.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan to Koalala

Premium Member

to Koalala
If you are in Toronto I will do it for free (I am a Minister) .. as long as there is no criteria for knowing you X number of years

(Most forms like this can be signed by ministers)
BigSensFan

BigSensFan to joeblow3

Premium Member

to joeblow3
said by joeblow3:

It is illegal for a professional, in your case chiropractor, to charge a fee to guarantor your passport application.

This ID app from ING is part of the banking regulations. So you don't do some money laundrying.

True you can not charge for passport verification... not sure if that rule applies to other forms that need to be notarized
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to joeblow3

Premium Member

to joeblow3
said by joeblow3:

I like my money laundered.
On hangers, no starch.