spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

WildBlue Vic

@wildblue.net

Wild Blue Plans

I have read some horror stories about poor service quality, Wild Blue double billing its customers, and their Fair Access Policy (FAP). I have been lucky so far with the exception of the FAP.

I understand that the company's server are in space and does not have unlimited capacity. However, the new FAP plans are not much better than the old plans.

As it stands the data cap for my plan is 17GB download and 5 GB upload at the price of $80. The new plan will be 25GB download and 25GB upload. The upload allowance is nice but I really do not uploading very much. Another thing is the price is going to increase $50 and they are taking their sweet time about rolling out the new plans

Sircolby45

join:2005-11-26

said by WildBlue Vic :

I have read some horror stories about poor service quality, Wild Blue double billing its customers, and their Fair Access Policy (FAP). I have been lucky so far with the exception of the FAP.

I understand that the company's server are in space and does not have unlimited capacity. However, the new FAP plans are not much better than the old plans.

As it stands the data cap for my plan is 17GB download and 5 GB upload at the price of $80. The new plan will be 25GB download and 25GB upload. The upload allowance is nice but I really do not uploading very much. Another thing is the price is going to increase $50 and they are taking their sweet time about rolling out the new plans

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but the new caps are actually significantly smaller. The $79.99 plan will have a cap of 15GB and that is not 15GB download and 15GB upload, but 15GB with download and upload both counting towards that amount. So where before you had a combined threshold of 22GB you will now have a combined threshold of 15GB. The 25GB plan is $130/mo.
--
Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit / Core i5 - 760 / GTX 460 1GB SLI / 8GB DDR3 RAM / Vertex 2 120GB SSD

piith
Premium
join:2002-01-20
Medford, OR
reply to WildBlue Vic

you forgot to include the $10 lease, so it's more like $60 more for just 3 more Gigs of bandwidth, but you will and should be faster.
--
I am Not There I do Not Sleep