how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rmatt86

join:2003-12-03
reply to rmatt86

Re: [GA] My Cable Service

And back again because the issue still exist. Now my internet has gotten 10x worse and yesterday I could not maintain a connection to a remote server for more than 45-60 minutes at a time.

Ran into a slew of these:

Tue Jan 24 20:21:39 2012 Critical (3) Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - ...
Time Not Established Critical (3) DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported.
Tue Jan 24 19:55:44 2012 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
Tue Jan 24 19:55:37 2012 Critical (3) Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Un...
Tue Jan 24 19:55:04 2012 Critical (3) Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - ...
Tue Jan 24 19:46:20 2012 Critical (3) Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - ...

Video taken this morning..

»www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl···_6IL-c9M

So far the "fix" they have in place is an equalizer on my cable box. I'm sorry, but if I need an equalizer on my box, SOMETHING is off on the line. If something is off on the line, are you honestly telling me they are going around and putting an equalizer on EVERY cable box? I mean, it didn't work, but where the heck was the logic in that? Wouldn't it have made a lot more sense to, oh I don't know.. balance the line?

Lazy Senior

join:2012-01-10
Cobden, IL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Mediacom

1 edit

You must not be married. There is no way a (my) wife would put up with this kind of TV service for so long. You need to seek other alternatives like satellite TV. Directv/Dish service is cheaper, many more channels and superior DVR/s/Receivers. Also customer service is head and shoulders above Mediacom. Yep, I speak from first hand experience with Mediacom, DishNetwork and Directv.

The thing that constantly surprises me is Mediacom's Customer Service seems to be consistently bad, not matter where you live.

rmatt86

join:2003-12-03

Problem is.. I am Married. And have a 3 month old child, so the wife is constantly watching TV while feeding. I had Dish before we moved into this house and it is very sad to see that I had better service with a dish than a hard line.

The internet thing is what is really driving me crazy right now. I use Skype for work and when you are dropping calls left and right, that can get upsetting very quickly.

Lazy Senior

Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior

Cobden, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to rmatt86

said by rmatt86:

The internet thing is what is really driving me crazy right now.

hehehe, yep been there too. I have Frontier DSL and Dish Network now. Mediacom is still in my village but they have few customers left. And you can figure out why...

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
reply to rmatt86

Not really. Equalizers are used for end of the line customers. Most of the plant Mediacom owns was not built by them and it was done some time ago and not really designed to handle advanced services. Don't get me wrong a lot of has been done to upgrade the plant but there are still areas where at best you have no tilt at the tap. Those are slowly getting fixed but until then that's about the only option.
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.