Search similar:

uniqs

ShawSean
join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC

ShawSean to Winger

to Winger

Re: [AB] Got Shaw BB50 trial last night, download speed was supe

No problem Winger, good to hear things are stable and working properly.

Cheers.
JSaq
join:2012-01-17

JSaq to Winger

to Winger
@Winger, I have the same gear, the cisco 3825 DOCSIS modem, and have had real slow speed at peak hours (less than 1MBPS on a BB50 line). So did you have similar issues with speed ? And did the bridge mode help? Shaw tech told me there's network congestion in my area, and they will (in the indefinite future) do a systems upgrade, but not in a few months. Which means around 8pm, Internet comes to a crawl. I'm wondering if doing what you did helped with the speed, because if it did, then I would be game to try it out and see.

Btw, can the bridge mode be "undone", if need be?

Thanks,
-JSaq

ShawSean
join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

@JSaq - Yes, it can be "undone" as easy as it's "done" - now that just sounds odd.

It's worth a shot JSaq, let us know if it helps.

Winger
@yyc.com

Winger to JSaq

Anon

to JSaq
@JSaq, I do notice that my network is more stable and my speeds are slightly higher. I was averaging 50+ Mbps before, now I am closer to 60 and reach the high 80's off-peak hours. Configuring port-forwarding was a breeze with this setup too (very easy to find articles on how-to with the Airport Extreme).

Good luck!
JSaq
join:2012-01-17

JSaq to ShawSean

to ShawSean
@ShawSean, will try out with the chat tech and see how it goes. Will let you know.
JSaq

JSaq to Winger

to Winger
Thanks @Winger. Will let you know what happens.

Btw, How did you get two IP addresses? Is that standard for BB100? I mean, these are external IP addresses right?
said by Winger :

@JSaq, I do notice that my network is more stable and my speeds are slightly higher. I was averaging 50+ Mbps before, now I am closer to 60 and reach the high 80's off-peak hours. Configuring port-forwarding was a breeze with this setup too (very easy to find articles on how-to with the Airport Extreme).

Good luck!

Winger
@shawcable.net

Winger

Anon

@JSaq, just ask them for a second external IP and they will configure that for you. By default you get one, I believe. At least it was for me.