spc
uniqs
DMac1984
join:2012-01-25
Jacksonville, NC

DMac1984 to Hatdude

to Hatdude

Re: Ubee DDW3611 Bridge Mode??

So I just moved to eastern North Carolina (Jacksonville) for work and I was forced to get TWC. I went with the "Wideband" 50/5 and it is amazing. I ran into drop outs and sudden disconnects as many other people have here in this thread on my first day of service. I went ahead and before I even called TWC, I setup my UBEE into bridge mode (Thanks for the help!) and set up my Apple Airport Extreme Base Station WiFi Router to handle my traffic.

I am now a full 48 hours of no interruption, good latency and no dropped packets from pingtest and 51.33 Down / 4.97 Up on speedtest.

I suggest everyone who has "Wideband" from TWC to do the same. Thanks all!!!! you have been lifesavers.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska

Premium Member

Just moved to eastern North carolina too. Wilmington. I tried that and it still froze up and dropped service. There wasn't any configuration that wouldn't result in the loss of wifi calling on my tmo phone. (Needed here due to low signal)
Just hooked up my old motorola surfboard 6120 with my linksys e2000 router and i haven't had a drop at all. Not a fan of the ubee modems.