Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

nstandke
Premium
join:2006-04-14
Eden Prairie, MN

[MN] Cablecard Problems

Having Issues getting my cablecard activated. I have spent some time on the phone and even had a tech come out. I am now on my second card and still no activation. The tech said that I need to pick up another card at the local office but I have a feeling that the problem won't be solved by that. Who should I call to get this working?

Bierboy

join:2008-08-07
East Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

said by nstandke:

Having Issues getting my cablecard activated. I have spent some time on the phone and even had a tech come out. I am now on my second card and still no activation. The tech said that I need to pick up another card at the local office but I have a feeling that the problem won't be solved by that. Who should I call to get this working?

Just call and have them send out tech(s) until they get it right. It's THEIR responsibility to get them working. Persistence is the key here....I know it's a hassle, but it's the only way to get it done. It's what I had to do with both my TiVos...

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:1

said by Bierboy:

said by nstandke:

Just call and have them send out tech(s) until they get it right. It's THEIR responsibility to get them working. Persistence is the key here....I know it's a hassle, but it's the only way to get it done. It's what I had to do with both my TiVos...

Get ready to pay service call fees. Tech time and fuel are not free.
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

ps2roy

join:2002-03-03
Columbus, GA

Persistence is the key. Try to have MediacomChad activate the card.

As far as service call fees, I've never been charged since it has always been something they did not set up correctly. Complain loudly if they try to charge you fees and it was handled with the tech calling someone who finally knew what to do.

Are you putting the card in a Tivo?

WhatHappened

join:2004-08-06
Waseca, MN
kudos:2
reply to nstandke

Does your cablecard tune your channels? Mediacom's system sets all CCI flags to Copy Freely, so you don't need to pair your cablecard to your device.

I had to replace my tuner, and I have never bothered to get my cablecard re-paired. All subscribed channels including premiums work for me.

If you really are talking about getting your card paired, MediacomChad can have that done for you. This site »mediacomcable.com/CustomerSuppor···ndex.php can also help you get your card paired.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:103
reply to nstandke

I can try pairing this card again to make sure we have all our bases covered here. PM me your phone number or account number and this information here:

CableCard ID
Host ID
Data
Serial
Unit ID

Thanks
--
MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
»mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport/