Premium Member
join:2006-04-21
Tarzana, CA
·AT&T Wireless Br..

ymhee_bcex to PhonePwrTech

Premium Member

to PhonePwrTech

Re: Forum

Look - you do what you feel is right; and customers and prospects make the decisions based on how they perceive your actions. You could lock the existing threads and put a note directing the readers to *your* thread. After all, there are four long threads here on DSLR. You certainly didn't have to lock the thread with a single (your) message.

Whatever the intent, the perception is clearly that you goofed in your response... I am saying that as a quite satisfied customer (on the technical side); with only 3 months into 2-year long contract. So my intention is to help you grow and prosper - something that I do in my day job with a number of large and small companies.
DSM Fan
join:2010-10-04
Covina, CA

1 edit

DSM Fan

As someone who has been moderated multiple times I don't understand your point. This a forum just like Phone Powers and the moderators reserve the right to moderate the forum. I have had my posts deleted and edited because I was off topic so the fact that posts that contained speculation were deleted is pretty tame.

To each his own though.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

The threads could have been locked, not removed. Removing the threads looks suspicious.
DSM Fan
Covina, CA

DSM Fan

Explain how the current situation looks suspicious.

There was an outage on ** date. Multiple threads were created were people thought the company was out of business and other bizarre things. The moderators moderated the threads and made an official company statement. The statement provided a time frame and the impact. Where is the cover up what is suspicious? If anything they acknowledged the problem and made an official statement.

This isn't area 51 there is no government conspiracy. On that note I don't remember anyone ever commenting about how threads/reviews get moderated on this forum(DSL Reports).

Getting uptight about a moderator doing their job is a little odd from my perspective.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

We can agree to disagree.

ymhee_bcex
Premium Member
Tarzana, CA
·AT&T Wireless Br..

ymhee_bcex to DSM Fan

Premium Member

to DSM Fan
I am talking about management screwup... We can agree to disagree. But when you bring area 51 and government conspiracy, I can see how a moderator would
said by DSM Fan:

I have had my posts deleted and edited because I was off topic

DSM Fan
Covina, CA

DSM Fan

Hoping to prove a point. Forums do not belong to the users they belong to the companies that host them. If you don't abide by the rules of the forum prepare to be moderated. If the moderators don't think what you are discussing is relevant to the users prepare to be moderated. If you are going off on a tangent and discussing things that aren't relevant prepare to be moderated. If you aren't seeing a trend it is that a moderators job is to moderate a forum. This is par for the course with companies much larger than PP.

To post a review with a negative inflection about something that is par for the course is peculiar. Also I think it is in their forum guidelines. Granted it is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

My last statement still stands where is the cover up and what is suspicious. You make this out to be some giant scandal where PP is trying to hide something. An official source posted about an outage,stated the nature of the outage and the time frame. If anything this is the exact opposite of a cover up.

topgun
join:2011-01-31

2 edits

1 recommendation

topgun

said by DSM Fan:

Hoping to prove a point. Forums do not belong to the users they belong to the companies that host them. If you don't abide by the rules of the forum prepare to be moderated. If the moderators don't think what you are discussing is relevant to the users prepare to be moderated. If you are going off on a tangent and discussing things that aren't relevant prepare to be moderated. If you aren't seeing a trend it is that a moderators job is to moderate a forum. This is par for the course with companies much larger than PP.

To post a review with a negative inflection about something that is par for the course is peculiar. Also I think it is in their forum guidelines. Granted it is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

My last statement still stands where is the cover up and what is suspicious. You make this out to be some giant scandal where PP is trying to hide something. An official source posted about an outage,stated the nature of the outage and the time frame. If anything this is the exact opposite of a cover up.

I'm a big fan of Phone-Power and I agree where the mods at PhonePower are coming from. People are smart though and they are going to see the threads at DSLR not being modded, then go to PP forum and notice their posts being obliterated regardless of "rules, points, prerogatives, property, etc." and that will be all she wrote. My dad told me better to let people air out a little dirty laundry then have it overflow out of the hamper, which in this case would be the PP forum vs. public Internet. Which as we can all clearly see now in this review. siggghhh... Good, Bad, Right, Wrong, that is JMHO?

»youtu.be/WJ_yQ02xwsM

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to DSM Fan

Premium Member

to DSM Fan
You are correct, a forum is not owned by the users. But if users fell that their comments are being removed the they will leave the forum and find another.
DSM Fan
Covina, CA

DSM Fan to topgun

to topgun
Understandable that people feel their opinions or dirty laundry were removed. That is the job of a house cleaner. Moderators are forum house cleaners. Also no one has elaborated on this suspicious cover up.
DSM Fan

DSM Fan to ymhee_bcex

to ymhee_bcex
quoted text pulled from your review

"It gives a nasty smell of a cover-up"

"As I said in the original review, the techies seem to be high-class, but people running the business could use some coaching."

As PPtech mentioned the techies scrubbed your beloved posts.

ymhee_bcex
Premium Member
Tarzana, CA
·AT&T Wireless Br..

ymhee_bcex

Premium Member

DSM Fan,
Let me be very clear: my point was that PP management made a stupid decision to scrub the threads on PP forum, and that scrubbing gave a feeling of a cover-up.

You are now bringing a third irrelevant point. First, it was who the forum belongs to and whether the moderators have the right to remove the post. Second, something about area 51 / government conspiracy (PP conspired with the government? or something...). And now that techies scrubbed the posts (I suppose, taking the time away from designing, maintaining, and supporting the network? I actually give PP much more credit than you seem to).

No wonder your posts were deleted. Not because I disagree with them (I would actually very welcome somebody who thinks it was a good idea to delete those threads on PP forum) - but for being off-topic and irrelevant to the discussion.

As I don't have any power to administer the posts on my review - the only thing I can do is to ignore you in the future. So resolved.
DSM Fan
Covina, CA

4 edits

DSM Fan

Let me be even more clear

"It gives a nasty smell of a cover-up."

This comment invoked my comment about cover ups. There is no clarification of what was covered up.

"Last, PP scrubbed two forums on their website, replacing with a meaningless locked post by the administrator"

Yes it was a very meaningless post the below quote is directly from the meaningless post also indicates everything they covered up

"At approximately 6:12am PST on 1/21/12 a core network element failed. This would have impacted registered end points, website and calls to support. Service was restored at 7:50am PST."

Lets break down every aspect of this meaningless post.

"At approximately 6:12am PST on 1/21/12" "Service was restored at 7:50am PST" Indicates date and time of failure. I found this to be extremely helpful in that I know exactly when the problem occurred and I don't need to wonder about what happened.

"a core network element failed" Indicates what caused the failure. Don't think at any point that you are entitled to the specific component that failed. The internet didn't die and this was a Phone Power only problem.

"This would have impacted registered end points, website and calls to support" Field of impact. Allowed me to know that the failures I was experiencing were directly caused by the service outage.

I have been on multiple forums and seen situations like this all the time. I think it was a good idea that they cleared the threads. I was reading over some of the commentary. Some of the users came across as chicken little. OMG the sky is falling it is sun rocket all over again.

Ironically looks like they reinstated them to placate the masses.

If anything my commentary has been on topic. Your review makes you come across as an overly paranoid consumer. Hopefully other users can see that and take it for what it is worth.

"I actually give PP much more credit than you seem to" Yes I slam the company that has provided rock solid service and US based support staff for minimal cost. I totally don't give them the credit they deserve. Maybe I should start a review slam the company and speculate that they are hiding things. That would totally be the credit they deserve based on your logic.

topgun
join:2011-01-31

1 edit

topgun

Easy there DSM...take a breath buddy I chirped in to try and keep the peace and play devils advocate in a civilized way. Making comments like "Don't think at any point that you are entitled to the specific component that failed.", Your review makes you come across as an overly paranoid consumer., etc. will just add more gasoline to the fire!

PhonePower has 131 good reviews and only 21 bad. The numbers speak for themselves. PP did the right thing, everyone is happy, let all hold hands and sing

»youtu.be/YZ2mQKvKJMQ
« Forum
This is a sub-selection from Forum