Re: New iO TV packages

Here is the link to the new packages
»www.optimum.com/new-packages.jsp

iO Gold now includes the Sports Pak
iO Silver now includes HBO, Showtime and Starz
iO Prefered includes Encore
iO Value replaces family cable and has some iO package channels
iO Economy doesn't have sports channels and many other channels but,
"This package is only available in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Connecticut and Long Island areas of Great Neck, Islip, Lynbrook, Western Nassau, and Woodury."

e2727
Bklynguy
join:2001-10-30
Brooklyn, NY

e2727 to dm145

to dm145
I don't see the new packagers on the there web site here in Bklyn,never mind i found it
e2727

e2727 to rick0204

to rick0204
I just called them to ask when they will be launching HBO Go here in Bklyn she said there is no date for it an it has nothing to do with there new pricing packages

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

1 edit

limegrass69 to dm145

to dm145
New packages are up on the website.
Looks like the "new" iO Silver has HBO, SHO, and Starz.
Gold adds MAX and TMC...and some of the sports tier channels.

The "preferred" is basically the current Family + iO with Encore included.

I'm grandfathered with the old iO Silver. It does not seem like a horrible deal if, for a few more bucks more a month, I get SHO plus the On Demand channels.

EDIT: Sorry, Remy...didn't see your post above...

I Owe
@151.190.0.x

I Owe

Anon

So this is basically a rate increase disguised with new package names.

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69

said by I Owe :

So this is basically a rate increase disguised with new package names.

Yes and no.

You could jump to a new plan and pay more...and receive more,

or...

You could stay grandfathered with your current package at the current price.
RemyM
join:2005-02-14
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM to I Owe

to I Owe
You're not forced to take the new packages, you can keep what you have and your rate won't change.

ilsno
@optonline.net

ilsno

Anon

Packages seem to offer a bit more flexibility at a higher price the way I see it. Still, in order to get SHOW and HBO you have to have it bundled with Starz which is a garbage network. The current io Silver I am forced to get Encore which is even worse. Most customers want HBO and Showtime. The other premiums are awful. They should just have a package for HBO and SHOW.
RemyM
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM

said by ilsno :

Packages seem to offer a bit more flexibility at a higher price the way I see it. Still, in order to get SHOW and HBO you have to have it bundled with Starz which is a garbage network. The current io Silver I am forced to get Encore which is even worse. Most customers want HBO and Showtime. The other premiums are awful. They should just have a package for HBO and SHOW.

You could always take a lower package and add all the SHOW (11.95) and HBO (14.95) channels a-la-carte, but depending on the lower package you choose, it might cost more then taking the package that includes the "garbage".
Expand your moderator at work
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145 to RemyM

to RemyM

Re: New iO TV packages

Looks like I may downgrade to Silver and save a few bucks.

Still curious what they will do with HBO/Cinemax Go

ilsno
@optonline.net

ilsno to RemyM

Anon

to RemyM
Remy, i like the idea about taking SHOW and HBO a la carte but Cablevision should have created a package with just HBO and Showtime if they were truly being customer friendly here. No one I know likes Encore and most people have nothing good to say about Starz. The channels everyone wants are Showtime and HBO period.
Flogger
join:2009-01-26
New York, NY

Flogger to dm145

to dm145
This actually looks like it will be a benefit to me. I'm currently a gold subscriber plus the iO Sports/Ent-Pak add-on pack for a total of $110. With the new "Silver Package" it will cost me $97 plus I'll be getting HBO On-Demand. Is there something I'm missing?

GO
@cogentco.com

GO

Anon

People at my job keep telling me that On Demand is free, so I don't know who to believe + with these new packages is it really worth it to move to any of them if you're already on a Silver or Gold package?

ilsno
@optonline.net

ilsno

Anon

Go, im on the silver package now. I am considering upgrading to the new silver even if it means paying a few extra dollars in my case because Encore and Starz are never watched in my household and I feel I will get more value if I have HBO. I like the Showtime programs such as Nurse Jackie, Big C and Californication. Encore only has 1 HD channel and the movies are not usually appealing.
pil0t
join:2008-03-04

pil0t to GO

to GO
said by GO :

People at my job keep telling me that On Demand is free, so I don't know who to believe + with these new packages is it really worth it to move to any of them if you're already on a Silver or Gold package?

if you are on the newer packages, on demand was included. people who were grandfathered in, it wasnt. you had to have a newer package. so if you are in one of the silver packages for example that has hbo/starz. you don't get hbo on demand, you would have had to change to the hbo/showtime package to get on demand, but lost starz.
RemyM
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM to Flogger

to Flogger
said by Flogger:

This actually looks like it will be a benefit to me. I'm currently a gold subscriber plus the iO Sports/Ent-Pak add-on pack for a total of $110. With the new "Silver Package" it will cost me $97 plus I'll be getting HBO On-Demand. Is there something I'm missing?

You would give up Cinemax, TMC, Flix and Smithsonian. If you switched to the new iO Gold you could drop the Sports Pak and the price would be the same but you will pick up HBO and Cinemax On-Demand.
RemyM

RemyM to GO

to GO
It would appear to me that the people who currently have a Silver package (current or grandfathered) get the most bang for their buck by switching to the new Silver package. They would get another suite of movie channels (HBO or Showtime) plus On-Demand for just $6 or $7 more.
pil0t
join:2008-03-04

pil0t

said by RemyM:

It would appear to me that the people who currently have a Silver package (current or grandfathered) get the most bang for their buck by switching to the new Silver package. They would get another suite of movie channels (HBO or Showtime) plus On-Demand for just $6 or $7 more.

Yep. I'm one of em. I'll be switching to the new silver package.

ilsno
@optonline.net

ilsno

Anon

I get the 2nd io Silver package: SHOW,STARZ and ENCORE. Is it worth the extra few bucks to drop it and get SHOW HBO and Starz? I dont know. I hate giving them any more money than I already do.

JHON45
@optonline.net

JHON45 to dm145

Anon

to dm145
what will happen to the international package? such as in Spanish IO TV,IO AFRICA, ect ....

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

3 edits

bohratom to dm145

to dm145
That silver package is a pretty good deal compared to other providers since it includes HBO. The only better channel package Ive seen is the FIOS ultimate plan for the NYC metro area that includes HBO,Starz,Showtime and Max which runs around $89. I bet that played a big roll with OOL moving HBO to the silver package with the pricing around the same. It would'nt surprise me if Comcast starts to offer a mid channel package that includes HBO to compete against them.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to JHON45

to JHON45
said by JHON45 :

what will happen to the international package? such as in Spanish IO TV,IO AFRICA, ect ....

Add-on bundles still remain separate. You can add them to any bundle.

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

MxxCon to dm145

to dm145
To get BBC America, NatGeo(or Wild) or Science Channel have to upgrade to expensive "iO Preferred"...GRR!

Move these 3 channels to Economy and I'd be all set!
MxxCon

MxxCon

Grr and they moved Comedy Central to "iO Value"
dammit!
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

said by MxxCon:

Grr and they moved Comedy Central to "iO Value"
dammit!

That's disappointing. However my wife's channels are all on the economy, and what I watch on CC is available online (and, legally!), so if I ever have to make a change in my package, I'd still go with that.

That new Silver package change is a nice upgrade.
broadband412
join:2003-06-17
Brooklyn, NY

broadband412 to dm145

to dm145
I have IO Gold with showtime tmc starz and encore on demand included. I also have hbo and cinemax on demand which I am paying a total of $9 for both. If I get the new IO Gold package, I think I would actually save about $3 a month since all the on demands are included with the new IO Gold.
Flogger
join:2009-01-26
New York, NY

Flogger to RemyM

to RemyM
I don't watch Cinemax at all really. I have to ask the rest of the family if they watch TMC though. Smithsonian is a non-issue.

ilsno
@optonline.net

ilsno

Anon

Did anyone notice io Economy says:
"This package is only available in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Connecticut and Long Island areas of Great Neck, Islip, Lynbrook, Western Nassau, and Woodury."

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
ARRIS TM822
Actiontec MI424WR Rev. I

MxxCon

said by ilsno :

Did anyone notice io Economy says:

yes, what about it?