CTMustang
Premium
join:2007-09-10
France
reply to bohratom

Re: New iO TV packages

said by bohratom:

said by matcarl:

They didn't say they were doing away with the triple play, they said "deep discounting." We may not see anymore $69 or $79 offers, it will be higher, but I highly doubt they will do away with an introductory offer all together.

Yep, exact quote was "Cablevision also will eliminate deep discounting for new customers, which should ease the financial impact on the company".

As long as I can get a 50 dollar a month boost connection, I'm all set.

Roof top antenna for locals in HD + web for everything else. One of my favorite shows is Evening news on channel 4. Couldn't believe Roku has that as one of their channels.

aannoonn

@151.190.0.x
reply to bohratom

said by Multichannel News :
The CEO noted that the company is taking steps to maintain or increase its video subscriber base in the future...

Cablevision also will eliminate deep discounting for new customers...

»www.multichannel.com/article/481···unge.php
Seems like conflicting statements.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by aannoonn :

said by Multichannel News :
The CEO noted that the company is taking steps to maintain or increase its video subscriber base in the future...

Cablevision also will eliminate deep discounting for new customers...

»www.multichannel.com/article/481···unge.php
Seems like conflicting statements.

I'm going to guess that most would remain customers with triple play for $90, and not only with the triple play winback for $70. I would guess it's more to that one than the standard TP. Plus, the fact that the rates are remaining the same this year and not increasing. Plus, improving the IPG from...what we have now to anything new. Plus stated push to decrease box boot-ups, increased wifi hotspots, and other improvements to the product offered.

majortom1029

join:2006-10-19
Lindenhurst, NY
reply to dm145

Does anybody know what happens to the people who live in condo developments?

I have the family IO package included in my maintanance fees and have two seperate bills that come a month.

Do the condo developments plans convert to ojne of the new packages? Do our packagaes stay the same?

I called cablevision and they told me they had no idea.

UofMiamiGrad
Premium
join:2001-02-03
Great Neck, NY

said by majortom1029:

I have the family IO package included in my maintanance fees and have two seperate bills that come a month.

Do the condo developments plans convert to ojne of the new packages? Do our packagaes stay the same?

You have just family cable or you have family plus IO package? Would assume they stay grandfathered on the old plan since no change to the bulk account is happening or until whatever agreement the HOA has with Cablevision comes up for renewal.

majortom1029

Lindenhurst, NY

I have family plus IO

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to majortom1029

said by majortom1029:

I have the

I did not understand what you meant by two seperate bills?

If you receive a bill from your condo assocation for the family IO package then Cablevision will deal strictly with your condo board for any new pricing as they give bulk discounts for those contracts.

majortom1029

Lindenhurst, NY

said by bohratom:

said by majortom1029:

I have the

I did not understand what you meant by two seperate bills?

If you receive a bill from your condo assocation for the family IO package then Cablevision will deal strictly with your condo board for any new pricing as they give bulk discounts for those contracts.

Cablevision gives me 2 seperate bills. 1 just lists the family package with Io (which equals out to 0) and the other bill has the cableboxes ,remotes,optimumvoice and optimum online.

So i get two bills from cablevision, one which just shows that i do not pay the tv channels portion of the bill.

I cant figure out what the package get converted to since there website nor their employees seem to know.

RemyM

join:2005-02-14
Stamford, CT

Nothing gets converted to a new package unless it's initiated by the customer. You can stay on your current package indefinitely. The rate card still lists the Optimum package which hasn't been sold for at least 10 years yet some people are still grandfathered in on it.

frdrizzt

Ronkonkoma, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to majortom1029

said by majortom1029:

It should be that unless the condo changes the plan, the customer does not change. The package may also be available for bulk accounts and not for standard customers.

MxxCon

join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
reply to majortom1029

you are best to talk to your condo management.
these kind of accounts are rather unique and rare so it's not surprising that frontline grunts wouldn't know about it.
--
[Sig removed by Administrator: signature can not exceed 20GB]

Jmartz

join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ
reply to dm145

They need to make their employees pay for the services as well. Why do people who work for a movie theater get free cable and internet? I know someone who used to work at Clearview, part time on weekends and he got IO Gold, Playboy and OOL for free. The "benefit" was almost worth more this his paycheck! The only thing that needed to be paid for was the extra cable boxes and BOOST. The bill was like $20/month. Best deal in history for working one or two days a week.

njweb

@horizon-bcbsnj.com
reply to dm145

To summarize my understanding:

I currently have Family Cable for $58.95 + the IO package $11.95 for a total of $71.90 + the 'Sports Pack' package for an additional $6.95. *

1. I am grandfathered in but if I want to I can replace the 'Family Cable' package + 'IO (Std.) Package' combo with the 'IO Preferred' package for $74.95 or so.
I believe the Sports Pack option is staying intact.
Let me know if this is not the case.

I see the only real difference (that I noticed from the channel lineup) between the $71.90 combo above and the new 'IO Preferred' package is that I would also be getting nine Encore channels for the extra $3.05 per month.

Time to check the Encore listings and decide...

Flogger

join:2009-01-26
New York, NY

Yes you still can get the sports package ala carte. I called them earlier in the week to confirm.

Flogger

join:2009-01-26
New York, NY
reply to njweb

Yes you still can get the sports package ala carte. I called them earlier in the week.

celicynd

join:2005-05-24
Union City, NJ
reply to dm145

Does anyone know if its normally possible to upgrade your iO package via the website? Wanted to switch to the new silver package since it's got more channels and I don't have to pay for on-demand, but both today and yesterday when I try and click the "order" on the packages, it says it can't process the order online right now and gives a phone number to call. The other options (adding On-Demand, etc) all still work normally. Trying to figure out if I can just keep trying online, or whether I actually have to call.

rick0204

join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ

Definitely call CS. It is a new product.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to celicynd

said by celicynd:

Wanted to switch to the new silver package since it's got more channels and I don't have to pay for on-demand,

I was just looking at the new IO packages online and where does it indicate that on-demand for the premiums is included?

thanks

RemyM

join:2005-02-14
Stamford, CT

If you click on the name of the package it lists what's included, the on-demends are listed as a channel.

pil0t

join:2008-03-04
reply to dm145

called up yesterday to switch to the new silver from the old.
live in a townhouse and basic is included with common charges.
have current silver, a couple boxes, two voice lines and internet (non boost)..
i guess maybe we get a discount on the silver package, i don't know, or the cs person was wrong, but told us it was only a buck more to switch to the new silver package...no brainer..
would have to double check but i think was paying 83.95 for silver..not sure how it's only a buck more lol

frdrizzt

Ronkonkoma, NY

Did you have any on-demands that were previously excluded from the original silver with HBO?

JDolan

@optonline.net

upgraded to new iO Gold
Big 10 Net HD says channel not authorized
cv told me that a tech visit may be needed, i said no thanks

i think it may be glich with new package

anyone else having issues with this channel 413 on new package?

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Big Ten HD works fine on my end.

pil0t

join:2008-03-04
reply to frdrizzt

said by frdrizzt:

Did you have any on-demands that were previously excluded from the original silver with HBO?

I had absolutely no on demands prior. I was on the old Silver HBO/Starz package without any On Demands.

My previous post was entirely incorrect. For some reason I thought Basic was included, but it is Family that is included in our common charges, and Family is now Value. We were being charged $24 extra for Silver, prior to the change. I don't have a new bill yet, but figuring that Family is now Value, and Value costs $64.95, $24 more is $88.95, and the new Silver is now $89.95, it makes sense the new package is only $1 more.

stevennb
Ok, But, Thats The Last Straw.
Premium
join:2001-05-08
Wayne, NJ
reply to dm145

Just to show you how much of a putz I am..I checked my bill..and I pay $60 for OOL silver. I was going to call to get the new "Silver". Now...i'm not.

MxxCon

join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
reply to dm145

So with the new packages lives, what trier are they including with triple-play promos?
Or is this yet another point we'll have to bargain depending if there's fios competition or not?
--
[Sig removed by Administrator: signature can not exceed 20GB]

frdrizzt

Ronkonkoma, NY

I think they previously did Family + iO for TP, so probably the one shy of silver if I had to guess.