telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15

1 edit

said by mgmgmg:

Is the military Channel in HD?

That is the one remaining channel that I occasionally watch that I wish was in HD also.

From the chart of Discovery Networks U.S channels on the Wikipedia webpage for Discovery Communications (»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_···ications), it shows that it is one of the few that are provided by them that is not in HD yet.

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to caster 665

I wonder if CLTV HD even exists anymore. NOBODY ever carried it as far as I know. Tribune is in bankruptcy and probably doesn't want to spend money.

Dan A

join:2008-01-03
Kendall Park, NJ

My Wish list Here On Comcast of Central New Jersey/Middlesex County

HDNET
TV Land HD
Nat Geo Wild HD
GAC HD
Reelz HD
KYW HD
WCAU HD
WPVI HD
WTXF HD
WPHL HD
WPSG HD

We are apparently getting everything else i can think of such as GSN HD, News 12 HD and BBC America HD when Comcast adds the 1000+ range channels they already added on the Union System.

JCO65

join:2010-01-15
Brick, NJ
kudos:1

TV Land is not in HD yet...soon.
HDNet...soon to be rebranded come the summer with a new name.

As for the local Philly HD's, that has been discussed in other threads. In your area, the NY area local channels have to be given the preference. Since the broadcast networks own and operate the local Philly channels as well as the local NY channels, there is no real need for dual HD broadcasting network feeds.

As for the other channels, stay tuned.....

Dan A

Kendall Park, NJ

I disagree about the Philadelphia Channels

I have always liked having Philadelphia Channels for alternate to the New York newscasts. Also sometime they different Baseball Game instead of the Yankees on Fox and a national NFL game that is blacked out because it is on at the same time as the Jets or Giants. Many times New York City parades or press conferences preempt network programming that does not seem very important to someone in New Jersey. It would be nice not to have to watch a Philadelphia SD channel to do any this.

This is what my big problems with FiOS . They more or less have the same lineup here in South Brunswick that they have in Fort Lee and Long Island. That makes no sense to me.

JCO65

join:2010-01-15
Brick, NJ
kudos:1

Not that I disagree with you, Dan. It is just the fact that Comcast is working on a "national channel lineup" that will be similar to that of all other Comcast systems. With that there would probably only be room for only one broadcast affiliate station for each market nationwide. Since Middlesex County is part of the New York ADI, the NY affiliates get the peferential HD spots, while your friends in Mercer county get the Philly HD channels only instead of the NY HD Channels for the same reason[Mercer County being in the Philly ADI].

Once Comcast finishes the digital upgrades, whenever that happens, we will see the national lineup similar to your reference to the FIOS.

Dan A

Kendall Park, NJ

I am refering about FiOS' local lineup not it's national lineup fo examle far way station like WLNY and WSAH that we don't get on Comcast. To spite the fact that Mercer County is in the Philadelphia DMA. FiOS offers a Mercer County Lineup with both Philadelphia and New York locals is both HD and SD. This should be expanded to Monmouth, Ocean an Middlesex (South of the Raritan)

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to JCO65

I think comcast is leaving the locals alone (besides making them digital).
I sure hope I don't lose the pittsburgh locals. I like the wheeling locals but the pittsburgh locals are better imho.

caster 665

@dsl.net
reply to andyross

said by andyross:

I wonder if CLTV HD even exists anymore. NOBODY ever carried it as far as I know. Tribune is in bankruptcy and probably doesn't want to spend money.

But the rest of the news room is in HD and they use the same stuff that the main WGN news uses and runs the same shows that are in HD.

When it went live there was still when comcast did not have a lot of room to add lot's of HD and CLTV still when off air to show CSN +.

Also CSN + / info channel HD goes 480i when showing looping help videos.

Now CSN + does not use CLTV but at the same time frame comcast dropped HD channels like added HBO, SHOW, MAX channels.

RCN is the only other system to have Cltv and they still don't CSN + HD (they used to have it)

CLTV needs to be on more systems.

caster 665

@dsl.net
reply to JCO65

said by JCO65:

Not that I disagree with you, Dan. It is just the fact that Comcast is working on a "national channel lineup" that will be similar to that of all other Comcast systems. With that there would probably only be room for only one broadcast affiliate station for each market nationwide. Since Middlesex County is part of the New York ADI, the NY affiliates get the peferential HD spots, while your friends in Mercer county get the Philly HD channels only instead of the NY HD Channels for the same reason[Mercer County being in the Philly ADI].

Once Comcast finishes the digital upgrades, whenever that happens, we will see the national lineup similar to your reference to the FIOS.

And where will channels like CBC in boarder areas fit in?

moulder3

join:2007-05-21
Boston, MA
reply to mikedz4

Boston area:

ESPNU-HD (still don't know why we don't have this. Other Comcast areas do, plus they just renewed & expanded their contract with ESPN)

SNY-HD

NBC Sports Channel (formerly Versus) Alternate HD (How come a Comcast owned channel has it's alternate HD feed available to all DirecTV subscribers but not its own customers? Don't say we don't have bandwidth, because Comcast carries about 10 'HD' channels in our area that never show actual HD programming. This also doesn't need to be a full-time channel--just needed during NHL season & especially the playoffs!)

HDNet Movies

Sony Movie Network (I'd happily drop MGM Channel & IFC in exchange--now that both have commercials & IFC is still using stretch-o-vision on their HD channel in 2012)

Mgsports

join:2004-11-11
Olathe, KS
reply to caster 665

KMCI HD
Live Well Network-KMCI
Metro Sports 2 and HD
Sun Sports and other regional Sports Networks in SD and HD
Metro Weather
Reelztv
Fox Movie Channel
CFNEWS13 on Comcast Orlando and other Comcast to
DYI HD
Cooking Channel HD
SHOPNBC HD
Also take away channels that don't work anymore like 925 us to show Local Access in my area and 189 PIN thats know a Color Screen with a Noise
Make MLB Extra Innings and NHL Center Ice it's own packages so we can have it's SD channel in front of them like NBA TV does and for my Co,cast to Sports Tier Channels in 7 Hundreds.

Giuffra316

join:2008-08-28
07067-1322

1 edit

Fuel HD
WWE Network (whenever it debuts)
All the premium channels in HD (4:3 for Premiums at this point is ridiculous)

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to Mgsports

The local access is probably required for the franchise agreement

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
reply to JCO65

Wrong.

TV Land is in HD, Cablevision and AT&T U-Verse have it.

Floppy

join:2002-07-03

TV Land just lauched the HD version this past November

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL
reply to moulder3

NBC Sports Channel (formerly Versus) Alternate HD (How come a Comcast owned channel has it's alternate HD feed available to all DirecTV subscribers but not its own customers? Don't say we don't have bandwidth, because Comcast carries about 10 'HD' channels in our area that never show actual HD programming. This also doesn't need to be a full-time channel--just needed during NHL season & especially the playoffs!)

well that may go to cable feeds vs sat feeds where on cable you get the best feed for your area. Big ten has there own alt feeds open to all (no black outs) but comcast does not have big ALT HD in any system they should as in some areas 2 more teams are local area.

But for ESPN, ESPN 2, VS. Most of the time on Directv the alt feeds are blacked out but not all the time. Now this year the plan is to have the NHL play offs more open and on lot's of NBC networks.

One time last year on directv in the Chicago area we got all 4 HD feeds on EPSN showing the last MLB games with no black out's on ESPN HD, ESPN ALT HD, ESPN 2 HD and ESPN 2 ALT HD.

the cable head ends are not setup to have more then 1 VS, ESPN , ESPN 2 feed as for ESPN most of the time it's only one feed is open to your area so with NCAA basketball on cable the game you are seeing now can be cut off to show a local game on ESPN SD at least in the past that the way it's been.

Now ESPN has the ESPN ALT's in HD and In the past the some the NCAA basketball games that run over on directv stayed on with other game starting cable only (in limited areas and mostly SD only on ESPN 1/2 SD). Now over the last year Directv showed alot more ESPN ALT use so this year people with directv may get the choice to keep viewing the game on now or switch to the other game both in SD / HD.

Maybe comcast's new master channel list can added ADD slots for VS, ESPN alt SD / HD , ESPN 2 ALT SD / HD, Big TEN alts in HD. RSN HD over flows in fixed slots as well (no more taking down other channels to show them).

adkinsjm

join:2004-10-13
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
reply to moulder3

Why would SNY be available in Boston?

Spiderman865

join:2005-12-27
Joliet, IL

It's part of the sports/entertainment pack here in Chicago as well as CSN Bay Area, Sun Sports, CSN New England and Prime sports.
--
Yesh

Mgsports

join:2004-11-11
Olathe, KS
reply to adkinsjm

Because it has a contract with to carry it. Mine has no contracts yet to carry other FSN and so on Sports Channels because I think is that Sports Tier isn't in 7 Hundreds yet.