spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Recliner22
join:2012-01-05
Yuma, AZ

Recliner22

[HN7000S] Can't Open Router Setup Page

I have a HN7000S modem, D2 controller in my motor home. I just replaced my Linksys router with another Linksys router. I have gotten it to work and connect to the Internet wireless, but I am not able to find and open the the Linksyst router setup page or the DataStorm setup page.

I have made contact with Linksys but they weren't very helpful. I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone who can help me resolve these two issues.

Thanks
tobicat
Premium Member
join:2005-04-18
Tombstone, AZ

tobicat

Premium Member

This is really a motosat question give Dbirdman a chance to drop by and answer it. But if he does not go here,»www.datastormusers.com/c ··· dex.html
JSheridan
join:2006-07-03
USA

JSheridan to Recliner22

to Recliner22
We haven't been able to log into the some of the Linksys 'N' routers at new installs with Firefox but IE seems to always works. Hope that helps.
One More Too
join:2010-09-09
Galena, IL

One More Too to Recliner22

to Recliner22
If you are using a proxy with your Hughes modem, you need to make sure that the router address (192.168.1.1 for Linksys) is entered in the exceptions box of your browser's internet settings.

dbirdman
MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa

dbirdman to Recliner22

MVM

to Recliner22
How do you normally access your linksys? Do you type the IP, or do you use a favorite? If the latter, right click it and check its properties.

All Linksys default to 192.168.1.1, and it is customary to put the controller at 192.168.1.250. However there is nothing in the world to stop someone from changing both of those, in which case dropping a new Linksys in and trying to reach it at the changed address won't work.
Recliner22
Yuma, AZ

Recliner22

Thanks to all who have responded.

I have used both the favorites link and typed the IP address in the browser window, I get a message that Says Failure To Connect To Web Server both ways.

I normally use Firefox, but as suggested by another responder, I tried using IE and got the same results.

There was no place in the Cisco/Linksys install to change the IP addresses, so I don't think I changed them.

Any other ideas?

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg to Recliner22

to Recliner22
The guidance so far seems to assume that your replacement router is new. On the chance that it's used, I suggest you perform a reset. This is typically done with a paper clip on the back side of the router. On second thought - even if it's new - at this point it doesn't seem a reset will hurt a thing

/greg//
Recliner22
Yuma, AZ

Recliner22

grohgreg,

Thanks for suggestion!

Correct, it is a brand new router. When talking to Linksys, they suggested resetting the router, which I did, but I still get the same results.

dbirdman
MVM
usa

dbirdman

MVM

Did you confirm that the favorite pointed to 192.168.1.1/

You mentioned the "setup" - Did you by some chance run the setup CD? Did you run it again after resetting?

The rule with routers for satellite is DON'T RUN THE SETUP!
Recliner22
Yuma, AZ

Recliner22

dbirdman,

Yes, I did check the favorite to make sure where it is pointed. It shwos 192.168.1.1setup.html. I've used it as that and without the setup.html and still get the same results.

I didn't know that the setup CD shouldn't be run. So how does that work? Do you just install the router and it will be picked up automatically in the system?

Should I uninstall the CD setup?

Thanks for the help!

dbirdman
MVM
usa

dbirdman

MVM

If you hold the reset button in for a bit that will return it to factory with no setup. The linksys router, when used with a Hughes modem, is truly plug and play - it instantly works.

The only thing you need to do are the security items, which you do when you access the modem at 192.168.1.1, assuming you are eventually able to do so. That includes a password on the modem access, and setting up WPA2 security.
Recliner22
Yuma, AZ

Recliner22

Ok, I have uninstalled the router set up, reset the router and set the security for the router. I did all the router settings hardwired to the router so I was/am able to get to the router setup page. The router is set at the default IP of 192.168.1.1 I am able to connect to the Internet wireless. However, I still can't connect to the router setup page wireless, only hardwired. I am thinking there must be something in the router setup that I need to change, but I don't know what. Also, can you tell which security password changes the login password from the default password? Every place I saw something like passphrase, password etc. I entered a long string of letters and numbers. Now, the login password and the key phrase to hook up this network are are the same and I don't know which one to change to make the login password different. Can you help? Thanks

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg to Recliner22

to Recliner22
This is no longer a satellite issue actually, you've moved to the realm of router settings. Like Don said; the router should have worked right outa the box. At this point your fix will be in the router user interface. The wired connection relies on the wire itself for security. The wireless connection relies on how you set up the user interface. All this is in the router installation instructions. In the Navy we just say "RTFM". But in case you've misplaced your installation instructions, I'm gonna respectfully suggest that the answer you're looking for would be more readily obtained at the LinkSys forum; try »Linksys

//greg//

haibel
@direcway.com

haibel

Anon

Click for full size
capture
When I moved from alltel to HN i got a HN9000 and on install it moved my router to 196.168.10.1 it's worth a try. You can also find your Gateway here.
dino195
join:2003-08-30

dino195 to Recliner22

to Recliner22
I had the same thing happen using an older Linksys WRT54GS V.2 with DD-WRT. It happened when I set the router up as an AP and Gateway. All I do when I want to http into my router is go into my tcpip settings and change my IP into the 192.168.1.whatever range and then I can log into my router. When you're done changing whatever settings you want to then just set it back to obtain IP automatically. Assuming you are using hughes modem for DHCP. I'm sure there is an easier way but I like to keep it that way so no one around here can log into the router and screw around with my settings. No one here has been able to figure it out.

Tweakbl
join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV

Tweakbl to Recliner22

to Recliner22
Setup off the CD may have had issues with 192.168.0.1 and the Modem from Hughesnet to which he was connecting to.

When setting up a router always do so non-connected to your ISP modem.Do not jack into the ISPs Modem with the (Linksys) Router to.Can cause config troubles and if you are not tech savvy it is more confusion.

So just plug your Cat5 Jack into the Router while not on the modem to do the initial setup.The disc they give is usually useless.And make sure not to use 192.168.0.1 as the Router addy.

192.168.1.1 will do fine.

Also yes there is a check box switch in the Router to allow Wireless Config changes.Yes you have to Jack in to flip that switch.Once that is done your golden.

Also the 30/30 sec reset applies here. Hold the button 30 seconds and have it unplugged 30 seconds.This sets it back to Factory.

Remember (At least on older Linksys Routers) User=admin Pass=admin

Unless you flash it to DDWRT....then its user=admin pass=root

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg

said by Tweakbl:

Setup off the CD may have had issues with 192.168.0.1 and the Modem from Hughesnet to which he was connecting to....So just plug your Cat5 Jack into the Router while not on the modem to do the initial setup.The disc they give is usually useless.And make sure not to use 192.168.0.1 as the Router addy.

Good point. That happened to me with a CradelPoint. Once the modem was temporarily removed from the configuration, I simply told the router that it's new IP range was 192.168.10.1

The Belkin I use now was no problem, it was 192.168.2.1 right outa the box. As stated, no installation disc involved.

//greg//