share rss forum feed

RRedline
Rated R
Premium
join:2002-05-15
Attleboro, MA
reply to Alpha Phoenix

Re: Street Fighter X Tekken

I am definitely going to pick this up. I am STILL playing SF IV ranked after two years. I've been playing SF since SF II.

This one looks like a cross between SF IV and Marvel vs. Capcom. The latter didn't hold my interest because I found it to be WAAAAAAAY too chaotic for my liking. I look forward to playing a Chun/Cammy team.
--
One nation, under Zod!

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1

I felt the same way about Marvel vs. Capcom.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to RRedline

said by RRedline:

This one looks like a cross between SF IV and Marvel vs. Capcom. The latter didn't hold my interest because I found it to be WAAAAAAAY too chaotic for my liking. I look forward to playing a Chun/Cammy team.

Hopefully, it isn't too combo crazy. The ridiculousness of the combos is why I disliked MvC.
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1

said by Goggalor:

said by RRedline:

Hopefully, it isn't too combo crazy. The ridiculousness of the combos is why I disliked MvC.

Same here.
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

RRedline
Rated R
Premium
Attleboro, MA
reply to Goggalor

said by Goggalor:

I agree. The combos are ridiculously long. I think the whole "air combo" thing is a little much too. It's fun to dish out long combos, but I think it ruins the pace of the game.

I really like the combo system in SF IV, but I wouldn't mind mixing in a few of the design elements from MvC. It looks like they took SF and made it a 2-on-2 team (rather than 3-on-3), but without the crazy assist nonsense in MvC.

We won't know until we play it, but I am optimistic about it.
--
One nation, under Zod!

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2

said by RRedline:

I really like the combo system in SF IV, but I wouldn't mind mixing in a few of the design elements from MvC. It looks like they took SF and made it a 2-on-2 team (rather than 3-on-3), but without the crazy assist nonsense in MvC.

I think my team would have to be Sagat and Eddy Gordo (feel obligated to use one of each side).

AuraReturn
Premium
join:2003-08-18
USA
reply to RRedline

said by RRedline:

said by Goggalor:

I agree. The combos are ridiculously long. I think the whole "air combo" thing is a little much too. It's fun to dish out long combos, but I think it ruins the pace of the game.

We won't know until we play it, but I am optimistic about it.

Street fighter games were always about easier combos.
--
Ask me about my sites:
bay area jobs Dogs for adoption coupons NBA: »nbaintelligence.com

RRedline
Rated R
Premium
Attleboro, MA

1 recommendation

said by AuraReturn:

Street fighter games were always about easier combos.

You must be joking, right? Only a dedicated player could ever learn to land big combos in SF games, especially during a match against another player. The combo system in MvC 3 is deep for sure, but it's not nearly as demanding as the strict timing of links in SF IV.

I always thought that one of the biggest reasons why so many people give up on SF is because of the steep learning curve.
--
One nation, under Zod!