spc
uniqs

mod_wastrel
anonome
join:2008-03-28

mod_wastrel to 25139889

to 25139889

Re: Oops!

That "level" playing field is meaningless where the incumbents refuse to even play by not providing any service whatsoever. And we--the people--will decide just how level the field deserves to be, not the incumbents. They deserve nothing more than what we say they deserve, which, of course, varies with the community in question. A one-size-fits-all Federal law will fit no one in particular (which is, of course, the point with such a law).
25139889 (banned)
join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned)

well it will fit all. and the incumbents serving the areas is you meaning; "i want all you can eat at 100meg/100meg" and they tell you if you want it; you pay for it. The way it should be. It'd be like me going to Kroger's and telling them I want 2 gallons of milk but I'm only going to pay $1.37 for it. And that's all I want to pay. And if you don't give it to me, the city needs to go and build their own store and offer it for 50cents for 2 gallons.

If the cities don't like the new rules that are coming; then they don't need to worry about playing, and they can keep what they are offered.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

If you're so adamant about that, stay in Toledo...how do you like Buckeye Express internet tere? Or are you an employee of theirs?
sonicmerlin
join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH

sonicmerlin to 25139889

to 25139889
said by 25139889:

well it will fit all. and the incumbents serving the areas is you meaning; "i want all you can eat at 100meg/100meg" and they tell you if you want it; you pay for it. The way it should be. It'd be like me going to Kroger's and telling them I want 2 gallons of milk but I'm only going to pay $1.37 for it. And that's all I want to pay. And if you don't give it to me, the city needs to go and build their own store and offer it for 50cents for 2 gallons.

If the cities don't like the new rules that are coming; then they don't need to worry about playing, and they can keep what they are offered.

You seem to not care how many lies you attempt to spread. The cities are perfectly willing to build their own network and sell service to themselves. Federal and state interference only serves to make this process more difficult.

You act like corporations built their internet services from scratch, which is a complete lie. They used their profits from their cable franchises to provision DOCSIS. They laid their original cable lines with the benefit of large financial incentives and tax breaks (thus the municipal cable franchises) that guaranteed them the ability to recoup their money.

Your desire for a "level playing field" is a disingenuous attempt to twist the meaning of "level" to benefit incumbent corporations. I don't know why you care so much about these private companies that benefit you not at all.