All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

PhoenixOne
join:2009-12-16
Old Bethpage, NY

PhoenixOne

Both STB's rebooted last night for some reason, but now...

the living room STB is all sorts of messed up. The bedroom STB rebooted with no problems. The livingroom STB had no program info, doesn't change channels and when I press the menu button, the trouble shooting window opens with no text and it stays there, stuck. I unplugged the box to see if it resets but no luck. I'm in VH05. Anyone else STB's rebooted last night and experienced anything similar?

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1

Though all my STBs are working fine,
I had the same thing happen after 4am. All the boxes rebooted and eventually went to the FiOS screen saver.
It's annoying as I missed recordings on my PCs DVR.

PhoenixOne
Old Bethpage, NY

PhoenixOne

STB rebooted on its own again. Everything back to normal. I guess it will remain a mystery.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Glad it's back to normal. Verizon sometimes does "global resets" on some VHO's usually on Fridays.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to PhoenixOne

to PhoenixOne
Might have been the VOD-UI update that all the VHO's have been getting the last few weeks.

PhoenixOne
Old Bethpage, NY

PhoenixOne

VOD UI hasn't changed. No worries......until...next time. Hehe.
Thanks all for chiming in.
mgamer20o0
join:2003-12-01
Norwalk, CA

mgamer20o0 to PhoenixOne

to PhoenixOne
mine restarted last night as well but no problems.
matthewh16
join:2010-05-21
Culver City, CA

matthewh16 to PhoenixOne

to PhoenixOne
Ive had our boxes 'crash' a few times. When I mean 'crash' what happens is the IMG gets corrupted and so only the Core Motorola Firmware still exists. Usually unplugging and rebooting the box, waiting 3-5 minutes, and rinse/repeat 2-3 times will bring the box back. Other times I had to let them sit over night, but it eventually redownloads.

icemannyr1

icemannyr1 to matcarl

to matcarl
They did another global reset around 4am today.
It would be nice if they sent a command to turn the STB back on for those using an external DVR.
flashcore
join:2007-01-23
united state

1 recommendation

flashcore

said by icemannyr1:

They did another global reset around 4am today.
It would be nice if they sent a command to turn the STB back on for those using an external DVR.

It was this crap that pushed me to buy a cable card tuner for my PC, I got sick of missing recordings when there boxes crashed or they did these global resets and not noticing for 12-24 hours after the fact.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to mgamer20o0

Premium Member

to mgamer20o0
Same, no problems either

avidboy01
@rr.com

avidboy01 to PhoenixOne

Anon

to PhoenixOne
When all of mine booted back up and I hit the guide I was taken to an advertisement for verizon's home control. I hit exit and then guide again

ggma1126
GGMA1126
Premium Member
join:2008-08-30
Claymont, DE

ggma1126

Premium Member

said by avidboy01 :

When all of mine booted back up and I hit the guide I was taken to an advertisement for verizon's home control. I hit exit and then guide again

same thing here - when I hit the guide the home control ad came up
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

I get ads every couple of Fridays. I don't think this had to do with the reboot.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

I have always gotten ads. Its quite annoying

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by WK2:

Especially when they come up as a result of hitting guide and it takes 30 seconds to load the ad. Piss poor on VZs part.

icemannyr1

icemannyr1 to PhoenixOne

to PhoenixOne
The rebooting of the set top boxes on Friday is really getting annoying.
I find it ironic FiOS talks about being the most advanced system compared to cable yet I would guess those with Cablevision and Comcast don't have their STBs rebooting on Fridays and not being able to record programming on an external DVR because the STB says off after the reboot.
At least sent a code to turn the STB back on after a reboot.
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

Yep, mine all rebooted too. What I don't get is why the DVRs get stuck on the startup screen but the 7100 doesn't, I just have to push menu and it comes right up.
kes601

kes601 to WK2

to WK2
said by WK2:

Settings -> Pop up Alerts -> Enable Options -> Never Show Me Again

There were instructions with today's popup on how to disable it.

rtcy
FACTS only please
Premium Member
join:1999-10-16
Norwalk, CA

rtcy to bohratom

Premium Member

to bohratom
said by bohratom:

Might have been the VOD-UI update that all the VHO's have been getting the last few weeks.

something did change here and it's WORSe than ever this machine has slowed to a painful rate and it's the newest one. now it seems like the DVR box no longer retains the "subscrived" mode and reverts to ALL channels, also the bedroom box seems to want to show you some AD screen when you first push one the GUIDe( everyday) and it freezes up for 15 seconds then finally shows it.

the respond rate now is worse that the older slower box was, also the bedroom boxes have to be REFRESHED daily in order to watch recording from the front room DVR.

funny thing is they are not changing the revision numbers?