uniqs
share rss forum feed

winsyrstrife
River City Bounce
Premium
join:2002-04-30
Brooklyn, NY

Who is responsible

If Cogeco says they sent the bill, but the users says they never received it?

On a side note, the first bill was $891, If I understand correctly. Did the user continue his service while the overage charge was still active? I'm trying to figure out why the service wasn't cancelled / suspended after an $891 charge was incurred on the auto-payment account.
--
"Suddenly everything is fainting, falling from a broken ladder's rung. There's a jolt exhilarating from the phone I'm holding...
I hear the words of what I'll become, how eager the hands that reach for love."
- Blind Melon - New Life

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
I think the bigger question is why didn't Cogeco call him to tell him the metre had ran up so high. Cell phone companies do it for roaming fees and overages. If the metre has no upper limit, Cogeco should be obliged to do the same.

I really hope this guy calls up CTV (Citytv won't touched it - owned by Rogers after all) or the Toronto Star and gets them to run with it. This sort of stuff is insane.

winsyrstrife
River City Bounce
Premium
join:2002-04-30
Brooklyn, NY
Funny I was just about to mention similar situations with cell phone companies. I thought the problem was that cell phone companies DO NOT contact the customer when they are incurring high overages. Perhaps the situation is different in Canada?

It would be very courteous of Cogeco to have called the customer when his account showed highly irregular expenses incurred. Courtesy isn't so much a priority these days...it's all about legal responsibility now, which is why Cogeco is insisting they sent the customer a letter.

If this customer receives full/nearly full reversal of the costs incurred, does this mean everyone should receive similar treatment if they receive bill with similar costs? I realize it may seem like I'm in favor of Cogeco, when I am not whatsoever. I am trying to find a balance between both sides, if such a thing is possible.
--
"Suddenly everything is fainting, falling from a broken ladder's rung. There's a jolt exhilarating from the phone I'm holding...
I hear the words of what I'll become, how eager the hands that reach for love."
- Blind Melon - New Life

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to Gone
said by Gone:

I think the bigger question is why didn't Cogeco call him to tell him the metre had ran up so high.

Cogeco would make less money if they warned innocent people that had no idea these charges were in effect.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
said by urbanriot:

Cogeco would make less money if they warned innocent people that had no idea these charges were in effect.

ding ding ding ding ding !!!

drjp81

join:2006-01-09
canada
reply to Gone
said by Gone:

I think the bigger question is why didn't Cogeco call him to tell him the metre had ran up so high. Cell phone companies do it for roaming fees and overages. If the metre has no upper limit, Cogeco should be obliged to do the same.

I really hope this guy calls up CTV (Citytv won't touched it - owned by Rogers after all) or the Toronto Star and gets them to run with it. This sort of stuff is insane.

CTV is owned by bell. They surely have similar plans down the pipe...
--
Cheers!

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
said by drjp81:

CTV is owned by bell. They surely have similar plans down the pipe...

Being owned by Bell would mean that they would love to make their competition look horrid.