uniqs
« USPS Priority MailHalp »
page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · next

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

tax refund question

My taxes were accepted Last Friday or saturday. I was curious when can I expect my refund to be loaded onto my card? Can it still happen today the 27th or tomorrow the 28th?

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

Hopefully soon - one persons experience may be different than yours. There is no way to know when it will be done.

AFAIK - the right is answer is hopefully either day but realize it could be next week.

The Pig
I know you want to be me
Premium Member
join:2009-09-11

The Pig

Premium Member

It can be loaded today being you filed so early, but the chances are slim!
It should be about 10 business days!
But, with the way the economy is it may be longer this year!

dcurrey
Premium Member
join:2004-06-29
Mason, OH

dcurrey to mikedz4

Premium Member

to mikedz4
To check on status of federal refund go to »sa1.www4.irs.gov/irfof/l ··· atus.jsp

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

site says processing return but jackson hewitt site said it was accepted already.

Time
Premium Member
join:2003-07-05
Irvine, CA

Time

Premium Member

I submitted my taxes and they were accepted on the 17th; I was informed my "refund" would be processed by January 31st. It will likely be on Monday.

The Pig
I know you want to be me
Premium Member

The Pig to mikedz4

Premium Member

to mikedz4
said by mikedz4:

site says processing return but jackson hewitt site said it was accepted already.

Accepted means it's being processed (working on it)!

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

1 edit

mikedz4

I'm sorry it says acknowledged.

Acknowledged: Return is filed, received, and approved by the IRS

What does that mean? Even if it was accepted as late as monday can I still get a refund this weekend or monday?

LBDSL
Lightning Bolt
join:2002-01-07
Auburn Hills, MI

LBDSL to mikedz4

to mikedz4
»www.freep.com/article/20 ··· NTPAGE|p

The Pig
I know you want to be me
Premium Member

The Pig to mikedz4

Premium Member

to mikedz4
said by mikedz4:

Acknowledged: Return is filed, received, and approved by the IRS

What does that mean? Even if it was accepted as late as monday can I still get a refund this weekend or monday?

Well I guess LBDSL post says it all it may (may not) take another week to get your refund!

If it doesn't say paid, then you'll most likely have to wait!
Is there a way to see or someplace to call to know what if it is posted on your card?

Retired6
Premium Member
join:2002-11-09
Earth

Retired6 to mikedz4

Premium Member

to mikedz4
Relax....you'll get it when you get it.

I can tell that you already have that money spent.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

said by Retired6:

Relax....you'll get it when you get it.

I can tell that you already have that money spent.

Yes rent, 2 months car payments, cable, electric and whatever other bills I have to pay.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska to mikedz4

Premium Member

to mikedz4
Refunds are delayed this year so far. Some who got accepted are getting their direct deposit in a MONTH! There is some new system and those after the 24th of jan are ok, but those before, well. Good luck. Mine was approved on jan 18th and im getting my direct deposit around the 31st. (Well, my date for DD changed from jan 25th to jan 27th to jan 31st to jan 25th back to jan 27th to feb 1st to jan 31st and the IRS told me today jan 31st but it may change. Turbotax told me i should have gotten my dd by now. What a clusterF*ck!

Retired6
Premium Member
join:2002-11-09
Earth

Retired6 to mikedz4

Premium Member

to mikedz4
It's not good living on the edge like that, Mike.

You wanna be able to put that money in the bank w/ the other savings that you have and forget it's there.

I hope all works out well for you..:+)
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

1 recommendation

davidhoffman to mikedz4

Premium Member

to mikedz4
Those Refund Anticipation Loan schemes got some peoples expectations about real regular electronic tax filing all out of the reasonable range of processing time. Electronic filing was created to save time in one area of the IRS by reducing the physical logistics of moving around tons of paper. Now they can spend more money and time scrutinizing each filing, not moving it from place to place. I tell those new to the real tax filing and refund system to give the process 98 days (14 weeks) to work. The first weekday workday after that, you can start worrying. I also tell them that those who file in January can get caught in the every year IRS tax filing period start up problems. Wait until after February 15th to file if you have a need for or want a probable shorter processing time, as the overall process times will have probably shortened somewhat by then. I have never seen a refund in less than 10 weeks in over 30 years of filings.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

2 edits

mikedz4

I hope I get it next week or I'm home and car less.
mikedz4

mikedz4

Is there any chance I will get it next week so I can make those payments?
davidhoffman
Premium Member
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

There is a very small probability that the refund could be deposited before Saturday 4 February. If you have an absolutely accurate simple return, that increases the probability. 1040EZ files with the most basic income and most simple tax situation get through the quickest. 1040 files with many tax deductions, tax credits, multiple income sources, child support, alimony, rental income, stock transactions, and the rest take weeks.

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed to mikedz4

MVM

to mikedz4
said by mikedz4:

Is there any chance I will get it next week so I can make those payments?

No one here can know this.... Unless someone works at teh IRS and has access to your return.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
San Diego, CA

djdanska to mikedz4

Premium Member

to mikedz4
My return was accepted on the 18th and am getting it next week. Soo.. Who knows. I am the first round according to the IRS. But most of the first round was delayed a week. Just call them up.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to davidhoffman

to davidhoffman
I sold stock but Jackson Hewitt did my return and guaranteed it would be available today.
Should I call Jackson Hewitt and complain? Will they give me an anticipation loan?

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
San Diego, CA

djdanska

Premium Member

Turbotax said i would have mine days ago too but the IRS really dropped the ball this year. Not much they can do. (And i was told by turbotax that anticipation loans where against the law now. Might be an Illinois thing. )
davidhoffman
Premium Member
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman to mikedz4

Premium Member

to mikedz4
I went to the Jackson Hewitt website. I found nothing indicating that they guarantee processing times for tax refunds. They provide an estimate of 7 to 13 days electronically and 9 to 15 days by paper mail. Jackson Hewitt has no control over IRS processing of tax filings. The IRS could decide it needs to examine more closely specific categories of filers because of a pattern of problems showing up in audits. They can slow the processing of those categories down until the issue is resolved. Complaining to Jackson Hewitt would be meaningless because they cannot do anything about internal IRS procedures or decisions. They do offer Refund Anticipation Loan (RAL) application processing, if you meet the minimum anticipated refund amount of $2,000 and other criteria. But as the Jackson Hewitt site points out, the decision to give the loan is made by the banks they deal with, not Jackson Hewitt.

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County

CylonRed to djdanska

MVM

to djdanska
Illinois thing - been advertising them in Ohio for the last month or so.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
San Diego, CA

djdanska

Premium Member

We have refund anticipation checks. In other words, they put your refund in a prepaid debit card 7 to 14 days after your approval. Yeesh. lol

»www.hrblock.com/offices/ ··· ons.html

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to davidhoffman

to davidhoffman
This is the 7 to 13 day window. I filed last Friday. So maybe by Thursday then?
davidhoffman
Premium Member
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

If it is Thursday, I would guess it is going to be very late afternoon or early evening before the direct deposit happens. I hope you filed very early in the morning on Friday 20 January.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

1 edit

mikedz4

No 10:52 am. Is that early enough

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
San Diego, CA

djdanska to mikedz4

Premium Member

to mikedz4
said by mikedz4:

My taxes were accepted Last Friday or saturday. I was curious when can I expect my refund to be loaded onto my card? Can it still happen today the 27th or tomorrow the 28th?

If everything goes right, Feb 2nd.
Keep in mind that this year they are using a different, new system. So, it can come anytime during the day, monday thru friday. Unlike the previous years. According to people online, refunds are posting anytime this year with people getting them overnight, morning, afternoon, evening, etc, even sunday.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

I hope I get it sooner. So I can work on my bills.
« USPS Priority MailHalp »
page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · next