Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to ancodia

Re: [Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare

said by ancodia:

We need to get this out to the media. Something like 'Canada's new UBB rules net customer a $1000 Internet bill. Customer complains, Cogeco says pay up'

Does anyone know of any contacts at CTV or the Toronto Star? Citytv used to love stuff like this, but they're owned by Rogers and I'm not sure how much a company owned by another cable company would want to paint their brothers in arms in a bad light.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..

said by Gone:

Does anyone know of any contacts at CTV or the Toronto Star?

I've sent Rosie DiManno an email. If she can't jump in for any reason, I do have some contacts at Torstar that I actually know personally and I'll call them, but I think Ms. DiManno is the right person to grab this.

In the meantime, if Steve Anderson at Open Media can run with this for even a little bit it'll be a big help. I've also made him aware.

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

said by dillyhammer:

I've sent Rosie DiManno an email. If she can't jump in for any reason, I do have some contacts at Torstar that I actually know personally and I'll call them, but I think Ms. DiManno is the right person to grab this.

I knew there was someone who wrote for the Toronto Star who loves this kind of stuff, and that's who it was. We need to get this out into the mainstream media so that regular non-technical people know just how much they can be screwed.

ancodia

join:2006-07-10

said by Gone:We need to get this out into the mainstream media so that regular non-technical people know just how much they can be screwed.

you are 100% right. This is the kind of story that will wake people up to the reality of what is going wrong in Canada with Internet access & UBB. For now it only affects 30/50 plans, but it's only a matter of time before they remove the caps on all of the plans, and the other providers follow.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

Yeah, and it's also worth noting that there is no competition in Cogeco territory like there is in Rogers' territory and Bell has barely built in their FTTN network in many of the communities Cogeco serves, which means we have no choice but to take it up the ass, and Cogeco knows this, which is why they can get away with it - or at least they think they can.

We need to get the shit to hit the fan over this. Getting as much coverage as possible is key.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to Gone

said by Gone:

said by ancodia:

We need to get this out to the media. Something like 'Canada's new UBB rules net customer a $1000 Internet bill. Customer complains, Cogeco says pay up'

Does anyone know of any contacts at CTV or the Toronto Star? Citytv used to love stuff like this, but they're owned by Rogers and I'm not sure how much a company owned by another cable company would want to paint their brothers in arms in a bad light.

Sent it to a buddy of mine at Global News.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

said by elwoodblues:

Perfect. I knew you had contacts, glad you forwarded this off.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
reply to elwoodblues

said by elwoodblues:

Good stuff.

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil

ruddypict

join:2010-03-24
kudos:2
reply to Gone

said by Gone:

I would submit it anyway. Either they'll cover it, which is good -- or they won't and we can point out how cable owned media won't cover the story.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
reply to Gone

@ Gone & DH :

BTW, nice new AVATARs !

Gone
Premium