Rob
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast

The answer to the problem..

Instead of using the word "socked", let's start using the word "raped". If the MSM and everyone used the term "raped", things would quickly change.

Example:

"AT&T socks customer on international data roaming charges"

"AT&T rapes customer on international data roaming charges"
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

mix

join:2002-03-19
Utica, MI

Re: The answer to the problem..

I doubt you would throw around the word rape so casually if someone you cared about has experienced this heinous crime.

Rob
Premium
Miami, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by mix:

I doubt you would throw around the word rape so casually if someone you cared about has experienced this heinous crime.

True, but apparently the only way to get anyone to do anything is to go the extremes. Otherwise, we talk, and talk, and talk.
--

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada

he used the bandwith fair and square, let him pay for it like everyone else

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

Not.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

Paolo is a troll ignore him

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium
join:2005-03-19
Brighton, MA
I'm sure he'd be willing to pay for it if the price were fair.

Rob
Premium
Miami, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Paolo:

I don't think the dispute is that he used or didn't use the data. The dispute is whether the carrier made an effort to notify him of the change in policy? In addition, once he went above the $50, they should have notified him about the new policy and reminded him about the additional charges he will incur..
--

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

Paolo useless troll, guys. Ignore him.

coldmoon
Premium
join:2002-02-04
Broadway, NC
Reviews:
·Windstream
said by Rob:

said by Paolo:

I don't think the dispute is that he used or didn't use the data. The dispute is whether the carrier made an effort to notify him of the change in policy? In addition, once he went above the $50, they should have notified him about the new policy and reminded him about the additional charges he will incur..

Well a question I would have is why the service was not simply halted the moment the customer reached a certain cost point at or near the limit? My thoughts here would be something like spending limits on credit cards where the customer would need to contact the service provider to "check in" and then make a decision at that point...

It would surely put the brakes on these types of stories and the customer would get a fair warning that any further activity was going to be extremely expensive as well as an opportunity for the provider to upsell said customer on a more appropriate service tier.

Just a thought...
--
Returnil - 21st Century body armor for your PC

join:2012-01-19
Pontypool, ON
said by Rob:

said by Paolo:

its actually called in legal terms "misrepresentation" and if he took it to court he'd win that and if at small claims could go and try and get 25000 in pain and suffering this has caused....

OH and in ontario quebec and bc you can enjoin cases like these and file class action status, remember talk to a lawyer !!!
MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4

Look up Kanitz v. Rogers, 2002

To the best of my knowledge, this decision has NOT been overturned. It sets a VERY dangerous framework for consumers in ll manner of agreement, but especially in all forms of telecommunications services.
OhNo2

join:2012-01-17
Burlington, ON
I'm sure your opinion would change if your gas company tried something similar.

JigglyWiggly

join:2009-07-12
Pleasanton, CA
We gota help a bro out, push this article everywhere and the bad press will fly at them.

ruddypict

join:2010-03-24
Paolo = Cogetroll!

mix

Utica, MI

1 recommendation

Do you yell fire in a movie theater to protest high ticket prices too?

Rob
Premium
Miami, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by mix:

It's not the same thing....

ruddypict

join:2010-03-24
said by mix:

If they tried to charge me $2400 I'd do a lot more than yell!!

join:2012-01-19
Pontypool, ON

said by ruddypict:

said by mix:

If they tried to charge me $2400 I'd do a lot more than yell!!

ya seen the price of a pop n popcorn lately?
Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO
Really? Because I have and I would still and do throw that word around casually. Just like murder and suicide.

You know why? Because I am not some pansy ass "everyone gets a trophy even for losing" "do what feels good to you" kind of guy. If you are really that sensitive to words, then do society a favor and move along.

mix

Utica, MI

"AT&T murdered Skippy25." You're right, that is a pretty amusing headline.

JoJoBlue

join:2009-12-08
Scarborough, ON
said by mix:

I hope you realize that most words have multiple definitions, and the meaning can change based on context. The word 'rape' can be used in non-sexual ways (ie. plunder, despoil, take by force). I think most of us, including yourself, can figure out that what Rob said is not the same action as what you are implying, which I would assume to be forced sexual intercourse.