Asawulf
Ignorance is bliss
VIP
join:2005-08-17
Trois-Rivieres, QC
kudos:4
reply to OhNo2

Re: [Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare

Flipped a PM to the OP for account infos for review because... we do care.

ancodia

join:2006-07-10

1 recommendation

said by Asawulf:

Get his account info so you can get his address to mail him some lube? I don't think it'll help.

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

1 recommendation

reply to Asawulf

said by Asawulf:

Flipped a PM to the OP for account infos for review because... we do care it will end up in the media.

Fixed.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

1 recommendation

reply to Asawulf

said by Asawulf:

We know you guys who post here care, otherwise you wouldn't be here. That has never been called into question.

The issue is your corporate policy. It is quite clear that the people who come up with these things do not care. The only thing they care about is the bottom line and finding ways to pay for their European folly.

Please do not confuse our outrage here with outrage against you guys. Nothing could ever be further from the truth.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to peterboro

said by peterboro:

Fixed.

It needs to get out into the media regardless of whether Cogeco quickly jumps on this and fixes it. That's my concern here, I almost hope they don't fix it or put up a stink about fixing it just so that there is more noise over this.

Asawulf
Ignorance is bliss
VIP
join:2005-08-17
Trois-Rivieres, QC
reply to Gone

No worries Gone, I'm not taking it personally I'll stay away from the storm for now till we get account's infos

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
reply to Gone

said by Gone:

said by peterboro:

Fixed.

It needs to get out into the media regardless of whether Cogeco quickly jumps on this and fixes it. That's my concern here, I almost hope they don't fix it or put up a stink about fixing it just so that there is more noise over this.

True. How many has this happened to, or will happen to, who never spoke up or knew where to go for assistance with an issue like this.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to Asawulf

said by Asawulf:

I'll stay away from the storm for now till we get account's infos

Right, and I trust you won't take it personally when I advise that the OP does not provide you with his account info to fix it for him, as we need to get as much exposure on this issue first before it is corrected. We know your intentions are good, we just have a little shit to kick up over this first.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
reply to peterboro

said by peterboro:

How many has this happened to, or will happen to, who never spoke up or knew where to go for assistance with an issue like this.

Or that it happened to and they didn't even know it because they don't read their bills and the money comes straight out of their accounts.

Let this be a lesson to people on automated debits and CC payments. Nightmare ahead.

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
reply to Gone

I anticipate if the account details are forwarded a large broom descends and the rug lifts.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..

said by peterboro:

I anticipate if the account details are forwarded a large broom descends and the rug lifts.

For me, it makes no never mind how they deal with it. I'm cutting my Cogeco ASAP. My company has a stellar reputation. I can't risk being seen to be doing business with a company like this. It would be bad for my business, plain and simple.

$2500 man. That's groceries for a family of 4 for 6 months. Seriously. I can't get over this. It's bloody criminal, or should be.

Mike
--

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to peterboro

said by peterboro:

Exactly. We can't let Cogeco sweep this one away.

EdmundGerber

join:2010-01-04
kudos:1
reply to Asawulf

said by Asawulf:

Awesome? But not every cogeco customer knows about this place, and the occasional help one can get here. So lets keep this going in the open as well, so we can try and eliminate this BS from ever happening again!

said by Gone:

said by Asawulf:

I'll stay away from the storm for now till we get account's infos

Right, and I trust you won't take it personally when I advise that the OP does not provide you with his account info to fix it for him, as we need to get as much exposure on this issue first before it is corrected. We know your intentions are good, we just have a little shit to kick up over this first.

Exactly.

ruddypict

join:2010-03-24
kudos:2
reply to dillyhammer

said by dillyhammer:

$2500 man. That's groceries for a family of 4 for 6 months. Seriously. I can't get over this. It's bloody criminal, or should be.

Mike

If this was a gas station over-billing, the owner and clerks would go to jail.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..

said by ruddypict:

And the fines would be 5, 6 and 7 digits for each of them.

But for data?

Measurement Canada: "Not within our mandate".

Mike
--

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
reply to dillyhammer

said by dillyhammer:

....they didn't even know it because they don't read their bills and the money comes straight out of their accounts.

Let this be a lesson to people on Automated Debit and Credit Card payments.

Nightmare ahead !

As in "UH-OH !!!"

Your statement needed emphasis, IMNSHO.

--

"It's COLD in here, Mister (Premier) McGuilty ! - PLEASE, could I have just a wee piece of COAL for the fire ?"
-
Read about : »UBB Nightmare

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia

said by Davesnothere:

said by dillyhammer:

....they didn't even know it because they don't read their bills and the money comes straight out of their accounts.

Let this be a lesson to people on Automated Debit and Credit Card payments.

Nightmare ahead !

As in "UH-OH !!!"

Your statement needed emphasis, IMNSHO.

Rule #1 never let anyone near your bank account or credit card, when they screw you over for money the bank and credit card company will not protect you.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

said by elwoodblues:

Rule #1 never let anyone near your bank account or credit card, when they screw you over for money the bank and credit card company will not protect you.

Yup! I refuse to let any company have my bank or credit card account info.

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to Davesnothere

BTW, I started a separate thread for the below, as it may affect other things than the current topic, and would likely get lost in HERE, the way things are going :

»Why Cogeco Subscribers are NOT Notified

--

"It's COLD in here, Mister (Premier) McGuilty ! - PLEASE, could I have just a wee piece of COAL for the fire ?"
-

jmarlatt2

join:2006-09-20
Chatham, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

This is the very reason I left Cogeco. The BIG 3 have no right to be doing this to Canadian citizens, we are already years behind when it comes to the communications industry. The government doesn't do much to protect citizens as they are full of ex Bell, Rogers, and Cogeco ceo's and whatnots.

Our internet costs more and is slower than many Third world countries. Something needs to be done. I sent emails to my local paper and news station regarding this, maybe with enough media attention we can change the way we are being treated.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

You live in Chatham. You can get Teksavvy over Cogeco Coax. You're another one of those lucky sonofabitches.

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!

1 edit
reply to jmarlatt2

said by jmarlatt2:

This is the very reason I left Cogeco....

BTW, what IS the current rape, er, I mean rate, for B$ELL retail DSL packages ? - in particular their overusage fees and related ceilings ?

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

Theirs is either a $60 or $80 maximum, but there is no longer any limit to the number of bandwidth insurance packages you can buy. Saying this makes me feel like I'm in some sort of bizaro universe, but Bell is actually a much more progressive setup than Cogeco.

Besides, if you can get Bell FTTN, you can get Teksavvy or Ebox FTTN too. It means you have unlimited options, one way or another. Those who can only get 6Mbit DSL are in a much tougher spot as it's no longer 2003.

jmarlatt2

Chatham, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Gone

I hope one day the big 3 learn that they cant treat customers this way, and cannot wait until they play fair with competition. There is no reason for Teksavvy and other indie ISP's or even competition from elsewhere to not be allowed to compete in this market. Monopolies are supposed to be prevented.

jmarlatt2

Chatham, ON
reply to Davesnothere

Don't know, i switched to Teksavvy cable.

Bell did try offering my day a 4g internet thou, 1mb speed and only allowed 1 or two gb's for like $50/month...

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to jmarlatt2

said by jmarlatt2:

I hope one day the big 3 learn that they cant treat customers this way, and cannot wait until they play fair with competition. There is no reason for Teksavvy and other indie ISP's or even competition from elsewhere to not be allowed to compete in this market. Monopolies are supposed to be prevented.

It's also worth noting that, in addition to the most regressive UBB policies in Canada, Cogeco also has the highest TPIA access and capacity charges of any cable ISP in Canada. For this reason, it is highly unlikely that a company like Teksavvy will ever bother doing Cogeco TPIA on a wide scale without already saturating other cheaper cable providers first.

Regressive UBB, Regressive TPIA, and they can't even compete in an open market in Europe. Owned by a single family in Quebec with no one to answer to. Fucktards on multiple levels.

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to ruddypict

said by ruddypict:

said by dillyhammer:

That was NOT such a good example.

The BIG OIL cartel is more immune to government intervention than Telecom sector.

But I get your point.
--

-

ruddypict

join:2010-03-24
reply to Gone

said by Gone:

It's also worth noting that, in addition to the most regressive UBB policies in Canada, Cogeco also has the highest TPIA access and capacity charges of any cable ISP in Canada. For this reason, it is highly unlikely that a company like Teksavvy will ever bother doing Cogeco TPIA on a wide scale without already saturating other cheaper cable providers first.

Regressive UBB, Regressive TPIA, and they can't even compete in an open market in Europe. Owned by a single family in Quebec with no one to answer to. Fucktards on multiple levels.

Don't forget it also counts as two separate networks, Cogeco Ontario and Cogeco Quebec. So in addition to being the highest TPIA rate you have to pay them double, separate all your capacity planning, etc.. In essence, two really tiny footprints for an obscene amount of money.

Grow up

@videotron.ca
reply to Gone

said by Gone:

Owned by a single family in Quebec with no one to answer to. Fucktards on multiple levels.

Well I think I take offense to your bigotry once again.

What does living in Quebec have to do with anything Mr Bigot? Why does living in Quebec make them, as you put it, "Fucktards"?

Insignificnt

@videotron.ca
reply to ruddypict

said by ruddypict:

two really tiny footprints for an obscene amount of money.

As the CRTC stated over and over again all this year, one of the big players are going to lose and be bought out.

Do you think it will be Rogers? heh.
Bell? lol
Videotron? haha
Telus?
Shaw? *giggle*
Gov owned Sasktel?

Cogeco's Quebec footprint is pretty damn insignificant. A tiny dot on the map in 3 rivers which is segregated from the Ontario network.

Nor is their Ontario market that large to begin with.