how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

vabchgirls

@harris.com

[TV] Malabar, FL - Cisco 8640 DVR Blanks out intermittently

Greetings,
I live in the Malabar, FL area and have a Scientific Atlanta (CISCO) - Explorer 8640HDC HD-DVR settop box. Intermittently when watching live TV or a recorded show the TV blanks out and I get no sound. It lasts about 5-10 seconds each time.

Previously I had a older settop (also HD and DVR) and it was doing the same thing but alot more and also was getting alot of tiling to the point where I couldnt watch the HD channels it was so bad. I called Brighthouse and they dispatched and replaced with the Cisco box. Which is better but still not great.

I replaced the HDMI cable and even took that out the HDMI cable and replaced with RCA component cables and this is actually better for the blanking out I only get a couple times a show rather than alot now. I put that HDMI cable on my TV with a BlueRay DVD player and dont have any problems with sound and/or video quality so I dont think its a cable issue.

Also my TV is new and again doesnt show any issues with my Apple TV or BlueRay player.

Any ideas?

Thanks Much

Debbie

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:161
Please PM me your modem MAC and IP address and I will take a quick look at things.