Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to peterboro

Premium Member

to peterboro

Re: [Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare

said by peterboro:

Then on the auspices on a follow up call to his earlier inquires a manger will contact him to make everything "ok" and we will never hear from him again.

I just really really hope that if someone in the media does make contact with the OP after Cogeco fixed it, he doesn't say "everything is fine" and they drop the story. I hope he rants and rants and rants about how much this screwed him over no matter what Cogeco may have done to fix it in the interim. The media loves a juicy story, and this has the potential to be a real juicy one.
OhNo2
join:2012-01-17
Burlington, ON

OhNo2

No joke, I'm signing for my mortage of my first place this Monday.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by OhNo2:

Dude!

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to OhNo2

Premium Member

to OhNo2
said by OhNo2:

Oh. Jeez.

Tough time to get TOTALLY RIPPED OFF BY COGECO for $2500.

As an odd coincidence, after I bought my first house I got spanked big time for unexpected expenses. Legal fees went up, lawn mower, rakes, hose, furnace filters, all kinds of little shit came out of the woodwork I didn't see coming. Total was about $2500.

Mike

ruddypict
join:2010-03-24

ruddypict

said by dillyhammer:

As an odd coincidence, after I bought my first house I got spanked big time for unexpected expenses. Legal fees went up, lawn mower, rakes, hose, furnace filters, all kinds of little shit came out of the woodwork I didn't see coming. Total was about $2500.

Mike

Ah the good old homebuyer's curse. In my case lightning hit my house and burned every single appliance I owned. Shortly thereafter my pool emptied into my basement.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

said by ruddypict:

In my case lightning hit my house and burned every single appliance I owned. Shortly thereafter my pool emptied into my basement.

Mike

(Remind me to NEVER hang out with you)

ruddypict
join:2010-03-24

ruddypict

said by dillyhammer:

Mike

(Remind me to NEVER hang out with you)

Tell ya what, let me use that nifty avatar and I'll promise to keep my bad mojo at bay

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

said by ruddypict:

Tell ya what, let me use that nifty avatar and I'll promise to keep my bad mojo at bay

LMAO. In that case, please do.

Mike
OhNo2
join:2012-01-17
Burlington, ON

OhNo2 to dillyhammer

to dillyhammer
Beans and rice for the next few months I guess...maybe spice things up with rock soup every now and again.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to ruddypict

Premium Member

to ruddypict
said by ruddypict:

said by dillyhammer:

Mike

Ah the good old homebuyer's curse. In my case lightning hit my house and burned every single appliance I owned. Shortly thereafter my pool emptied into my basement.

I know you Canadians do things differently but maybe move your pool from the living room to outside the house.
Joking aside, I feel for the OP and it is fantastic to see all of you rallying around him to help the situation and spread the word. Keep on fighting!

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to OhNo2

Premium Member

to OhNo2
said by OhNo2:

Beans and rice for the next few months I guess...maybe spice things up with rock soup every now and again.

Or KD or Mister FN Noodles.

Actually, check the big groc stores for some 'Dollar Days' promos lately, (1 lb spaghetti or sauce for a buck each last week), including Giant Tiger for not as much variety but really decent deals on grocery items.

This week GT has Campbell Soups @ 50 cents per can for the main 4 flavours - limit 6, but bring friends/family to do several tickets.
Expand your moderator at work