Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to ruddypict

Premium Member

to ruddypict

Re: [Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare

said by ruddypict:

People, think about it. Even if you are in a situation like me (6m max on DSL), consider indie ISP's that offer MLPPP. Whether you take a data cap or go unlimited its going to be way cheaper than Cogeco.

Exactly.

I had 2 X 5/1 dry loops from TSI and it rocked. Sure it was only 10/2, but it was far less than what I'm paying now and the cap was 600GB (at that time).

I think I'll just go with a 25/7 dry loop (unlimited if possible, higher cap at a minimum). Cut my bill in half.

Never thought I'd hear myself saying the thought of giving Cogeco money was worse than giving B#ell money, but that's where I'm at. Nice fscking competitive environment we have eh?

Mike

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by dillyhammer:

I think I'll just go with a 25/7 dry loop (unlimited if possible, higher cap at a minimum). Cut my bill in half.

As I've said and I'm sure I will say again - you lucky sonofabitch. My heart sank so much when I checked my old address in Niagara Falls and saw it qualified for 16/1 DSL. *sigh* The price way pay for love...
said by dillyhammer:

Never thought I'd hear myself saying the thought of giving Cogeco money was worse than giving B#ell money, but that's where I'm at. Nice fscking competitive environment we have eh?

Yes! What a fucked up world we live in when BCE is the lesser of the two evils!

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

said by Gone:

What a fucked up world we live in when BCE is the lesser of the two evils!

Which I see your new avatar reflects quite nicely.

Mike

ruddypict
join:2010-03-24

ruddypict to dillyhammer

to dillyhammer
said by dillyhammer:

Exactly.

I had 2 X 5/1 dry loops from TSI and it rocked. Sure it was only 10/2, but it was far less than what I'm paying now and the cap was 600GB (at that time).

See I could live in 600GB no problem. I would save a ton of money doing installs remotely instead of burning up gas money.

Currently I would rather buy gas and waste my time driving -- the gas station is monitored by weights and measures so I don't have to worry about a $2400 fill up!!!
said by dillyhammer:

Lucky devil. I would already be switched over!
said by dillyhammer:

Too bad e2fsck doesn't work on them!

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to dillyhammer

Premium Member

to dillyhammer
said by dillyhammer:

....Never thought I'd hear myself saying the thought of giving Cogeco money was worse than giving B#ell money, but that's where I'm at. Nice fscking competitive environment we have eh?

We live in INTERESTING times.