join:2004-12-20
La La Land
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to 25139889

Re: Incoming price increase to all customers

said by 25139889:

CV probably won't even go to the table. They'll say screw it. Lock out the Unions at that point, hire a new non-union staff- contractors and be done with it.

While thay can do that, it won't be a cheap option because they could be fined by the NLRB...
--
Politics is a disease, we need a cure!
In constant search for intelligent life on Earth!

slckusr
Premium
join:2003-03-17
Greenville, SC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Charter
said by JRW2:

said by 25139889:

CV probably won't even go to the table. They'll say screw it. Lock out the Unions at that point, hire a new non-union staff- contractors and be done with it.

While thay can do that, it won't be a cheap option because they could be fined by the NLRB...

One big fine or a lifetime of getting bent over? hmmm

JRW2
R.I.P. Mom, Brian, Ziggy, Max and Zen.
Premium
join:2004-12-20
La La Land
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by slckusr:

said by JRW2:

said by 25139889:

One big fine or a lifetime of getting bent over? hmmm

While some may consider it that, not everyone does..

Are you familiar with this company?
»www.usa.philips.com/

As far as I know, they have had two strikes in the last 40 years, one when the employees first organised, lasted several months, and once during the 80's, ended in three days, with the manager who let them strike being fired...

Why, the company made too much money off the workers to allow them to strike for even one day...
--
Politics is a disease, we need a cure!
In constant search for intelligent life on Earth!