tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix

Re: [Caps] Please sign the petition to raise or eliminate the ca

Ok, so you save money by not subscribing to CATV (or at least not premium packages) but you have the added expense of a player/media server/ roku/Xbox, plus the added expense of online providers like hulu+, netflix, amazon, etc., but you balk at the thought of the very modest extra cost of additonal bandwidth?
At least ComCast allows you that choice.. a set prepaid charge for UNLIMITED (so far) extra useage with NO overage, NO suprise megabills, NO sudden disconnects.
This part of internet useage i.e. entertainment is a luxury product and luxurys aren't free, or cheap, in many cases not even reasonably priced.
the complaints that your poor family is FORCED over the known limit or FORCED to pay more so you can use more get little sympathy from me.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I think you missed the point
someone might have a roku and use it to suplement their TV service (ever hear of HBOgo?)

and no re-wiring would be needed all roku's have wifi

personally I have BCI via comcast and TV service via DTV (comcast TV service in my area is crap) and I have a roku and an Xbox)

my mention of the Roku was in responce to the foolish claim that a family would be gathered around a computer screen

in the real world families already have Roku's and Xboxes and most kids know how to use them

there is no normal it just doesn't exist
and if netflix hadn't set the default to low quality then way more people would be over the cap

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium Member
join:2004-11-12

CableTool

Premium Member

said by DarkLogix:

my mention of the Roku was in responce to the foolish claim that a family would be gathered around a computer screen

in the real world families already have Roku's and Xboxes and most kids know how to use them

there is no normal it just doesn't exist
and if netflix hadn't set the default to low quality then way more people would be over the cap

Ive been in MANY MANY MANY wired homes. In fairness during work and cable related but I can speak to what I see as far as what is wired and how. What the capability of a family is and what they would be willing to do.
That just aint it.

I know people have ROKU and stream through XBOX, Hell, I stream Netflix through XBOX, IPOD and KINDLE.. But again, not for 8 hours straight, not on all at once all day.. heck, not even everyday.

There is "normal". Its average.
This small microcosm of tech minded forum members is NOT a slice of Americana and what one would expect to find or make up a subscriber base.

Tell me with certainty what the percentage of subscribers is that go over or are even CLOSE to the cap? The number isnt even worth the time spent in this thread.

The argument to that is "Oh.. if they KNEW they could stream HIGHER QUALITY then they would ALL be over the cap!!!" Its really reaching at straws to justify a point.. that doesnt really exist.
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer

said by CableTool:

The argument to that is "Oh.. if they KNEW they could stream HIGHER QUALITY then they would ALL be over the cap!!!" Its really reaching at straws to justify a point.. that doesnt really exist.

Ok...can you check on your netflix account if that toggle is set to good or best quality?

by default, netflix set it to good, toggle it to best, log out from your netflix account on all your devices, log back in and then monitor your usage.

just try it...let's see how it goes...

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium Member
join:2004-11-12

CableTool

Premium Member

I actually will but Ive got to get out of this thread. Its a big circle of nothing.

THE INTERNET SHOULD BE FREE!!!

/Drops Mic