spc
Search similar:

uniqs

ExCVRep
@djreprints.com

ExCVRep

Anon

Good for them

I was working at CV's call center 8 years ago. Can you imagine people working 10+ years and making less than 20 bucks an hour?
The whole thing there was a very unpleassant experience. Always on a clock, if you need to go to the restroom, you couldn't be absent for more than a certain amount of time, otherwise they would start really tracking your time after few times. The same goes for your lunch break, and god forbid you take it a minute before you are scheduled.
You couldn't do this, you couldn't do that. I once couldn't reach something, so I had to climb on my desk. A floor supervisor was right on my ass reprimanding me for doing this.

People kept calling the whole establishement "gestapo".

There was a guy whose schedule was shifted. The only problem was nobody cared to let him know. So, after 3 days of coming to work for what he thought was his schedule he was fired for not being there in time.

I quit the job after only few months. Got another job that I've kept for nearly 8 years.

I am saying this because I was there, I saw conditions and the way people get treated there. They deserve to be in the union to get some kind of protection and get paid what they are due.

Back in the days there were talks about unionizing but nithing had happened. I am glad to see some progress. I hiope the call center folks will do it, too. They deserved it long time ago.

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

gar187er

said by ExCVRep :

I was working at CV's call center 8 years ago. Can you imagine people working 10+ years and making less than 20 bucks an hour?

in a call center, yes i can believe that.....not thats a menial job, and the turn over shows it....