jfmezei
Premium Member
join:2007-01-03
Pointe-Claire, QC

jfmezei to Guspaz

Premium Member

to Guspaz

Re: CNOC's Part 1 Filing on the 703/704 tariffs

I am pretty mad that CRTC didn't bother sending an email to participants to announce the decision. But now, I have to worry about not forgetting to go to the nearest store to buy some loto max before the deadline. With 50 million bucks of pocket change, think of all the golfing I could do with Bell

And I could afford to buy cookies for everyone at CRTC hearings
jfmezei

jfmezei

Premium Member

Mr Guspaz, the reality is that with the implementation coming in on Feb 1, Bell really has to assign fixed rate limits on individual links, so it makes sense that it would have to charge separatly.

I don't think anyone epected the CRTC to rule otherwise since this very issue is what is being debated in the CNOC Part 1.

poor u
@videotron.ca

poor u to jfmezei

Anon

to jfmezei
said by jfmezei:

With 50 million bucks of pocket change, think of all the golfing I could do with Bell

If I win the 50-million I'll buy you one of these »Re: A motion for fairness so you don't have to bike to the CRTC anymore.
jfmezei
Premium Member
join:2007-01-03
Pointe-Claire, QC

jfmezei

Premium Member

Ah Ah ! CRTC was productive today, it also ruled on the penalty charges.

I have not read it yet. Just hovered over to the CRTC site and notcied the number of decisions rendered as a result of the 703-704.

The penalties decision is at: »www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archi ··· 2-56.htm
jfmezei

jfmezei

Premium Member

Yippie.

11. The Commission considers that, during the period that the interim implementation regime is in force, it would be appropriate to give the Bell companies and the ISPs the opportunity to collect data to evaluate the significance of any direction of wholesale residential traffic onto the business realm and to refine their positions on the nature and level of the penalty charge. Accordingly, the Commission will not approve the Bell companies’ TNs at this time.

12. The Commission therefore suspends the proceeding associated with Bell Aliant TN 392 and Bell Canada TN 7339 until such time as it provides final direction on the implementation regime for the approved capacity-based billing model or until there is clear evidence of traffic irregularities.

This is a decision where my submission definitly had an impact, so there is a feeling of accomplishement. I may end up buying more tha lottery tickets when I wander over to the grocery store.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

said by jfmezei:

I may end up buying more tha lottery tickets when I wander over to the grocery store.

Not sure how/if the 6/49 is offered in Quebec, but in Ontario I just got a subscription plan for the year and they will automatically notify me if I win any draws. Saves you from always having to go to the store.