aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
kudos:1
reply to Lurch77

Re: Need to kill a mole.

said by Lurch77:

I want a mole dead.

Why do you want them dead? A healthy lawn needs moles, and moles needs a healthy lawn.

When they make a mound in my lawn, I just spread the dirt and smooth it out, and chalk it up as a free aeration....
--
Wacky Races 2012!

jed
Premium
join:2001-07-06
Alberta, Can
kudos:1
reply to Lurch77

A farmer where I live, built his own version of the Banger, but instead of propane/oxygen, he uses Anhydrous Ammonia. Works well to get rid of subterranean pests, and as a side benefit, fertilizes the soil!

Lurch77
Premium
join:2001-11-22
Oconto, WI
kudos:4
reply to aurgathor

said by aurgathor:

said by Lurch77:

I want a mole dead.

A healthy lawn needs moles......

No, it doesn't. You're not the same guy that told me to plant clover in my lawn last year, are you?

sk1939
Premium
join:2010-10-23
Mclean, VA
kudos:10
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·Verizon FiOS

said by Lurch77:

said by aurgathor:

said by Lurch77:

I want a mole dead.

A healthy lawn needs moles......

No, it doesn't. You're not the same guy that told me to plant clover in my lawn last year, are you?

LOL, that's a funny suggestion.

macsierra8
Baby Newfoundland
Premium
join:2003-11-30
Minden, NV

1 recommendation

reply to Lurch77

Here's the answer... My suggestion would be to train your kids or even the neighbors to kill the moles. Amazon has the cool tool you need right here. It's called Whac-A-Mole and it's only 65 bucks!

Comes complete with 4 Mallets, instructions in English and Spanish and sound clues are included free with a bonus sound for killing a mole.. Features 4 moles with attitude!

It's great for kids reflexes, hand/eye coordination etc..

»www.amazon.com/Hasbro-40509-Whac···001GDP00

Disclaimer, be careful of animal rights folks, I found this in the reviews section. (below)

"I never heard of this pathetic excuse for a game until my mother-in-law tried to give it to my 4-year-old. I don't know what she was thinking. It's going right back to the store. This toy encourages violence, cruelty, and the idea that animals don't feel pain, and that it's okay and even funny to hit them on the head with a mallet."

Comment on the above review:

"I nearly pee'd my pants reading this review, thanks for the great laugh, I was literally crying!!! Seriously, it's a plastic mole! OMG!!! What's next, like someone else suggested banning Candyland for fear of tooth decay or Hungry Hippo because it may be offensive to overweight people? WOW, WOW, and WOW!!! I'm forsure buying this after reading this! Btw, you should see what moles have done to my garden, you'd want to wack one too!"

LOL

--
Jimmy Hoffa’s dad was the last shovel-ready job..
Will Rodgers never met Harry Reid..

Why was I Anti-Obama before it was cool?
Saul Alinsky was also a community organizer & Marxist..

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2

3 recommendations

reply to Lurch77

Instead of using a shovel or a tamper, if you have any old netbooks laying around that are no longer working because, say, someone dumped water in them, you can use those to bludgeon the critters with.
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

ryusoma

join:2006-09-30
Edmonton, AB

1 recommendation

reply to Lurch77

I would suggest feeding it disinformation. Usually if the take goes bad, its handler will burn it.

Or you could make it look as though its a double agent- increase its salary disproportionately, and then the FSB should clean up the problem for you.

sk1939
Premium
Mclean, VA
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·Verizon FiOS

said by ryusoma:

I would suggest feeding it disinformation. Usually if the take goes bad, its handler will burn it.

Or you could make it look as though its a double agent- increase its salary disproportionately, and then the FSB should clean up the problem for you.

LOL.

Hahausuck
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:2
reply to rockotman

Here, you need some of this to really do the trick.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18
reply to Plan Ahead

said by Plan Ahead:

This:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=2umEFHeo6mw

Skip to 2:44 for the action

2:26 looks best.

--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

Hans

@fluor.com
reply to Lurch77

Take a small/medium potato, cut out a plug and hollow out a space in the center. Fill with a teaspoon or so of rat poison, replace the plug, and bury the potato where the mole is active.

DMWCincy

join:2004-04-27
Fairfield, OH
reply to Lurch77

I have two boxers that keep our yard mole free. Had one problem about 5 yrs ago and they took care of it for me. After that I'm the only one out of 4 or 5 houses that do not have mole issues.

c4junk
Premium
join:2004-05-08
Orlando, FL
reply to Lurch77

I saw an old article that said to bury an old (deep) coffee can in a mole run and cover over with a board, the mole will fall into the can and can't climb out.
I have also put a hose up tailpipe and into a tunnel and let car idle for 10 min- seemed to work, but that run was right next to drive.

Lurch77
Premium
join:2001-11-22
Oconto, WI
kudos:4
reply to Lurch77

Again, thanks for all the replies and conversation. In the end, my dog determined I had voles, not moles, and took care of the problem, or at least some of it, for me.

nunya
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
kudos:12

Good boy!

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp
kudos:8
reply to Lurch77

Click for full size
Click for full size
More work here at the coast if your doggie is up for it...

sempergoofy
Premium
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA
reply to Lurch77

Yay terrier!

sk1939
Premium
Mclean, VA
reply to John Galt

Oh that's nice. At least you don't have the long tunnel runs.

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp
kudos:8

1 recommendation

said by sk1939:

Oh that's nice. At least you don't have the long tunnel runs.

That's actually the neighbors house.

I had them at my place, which is close to an acre. I made a bubbler out of my small shop vac that uses ammonia and I pump that down the tunnels.

Pretty much puts an end to the problem...

whizkid3
Premium,MVM
join:2002-02-21
Queens, NY
kudos:9

1 recommendation

reply to Lurch77

C'mon, Lurch. I would expect that you know this requires a professional effort. Those varmint's are tough critters.