dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

dandelion to Lurch77

MVM

to Lurch77

Re: Need to kill a mole.

The best advise I have seen and it somewhat worked when I seemed to have a lot in my yard was to remove their food. I used a strong grub killer to spray my yard with, gradually they went somewhere else, probably a neighbor's yard.

PSWired
join:2006-03-26
Annapolis, MD

PSWired

said by dandelion:

The best advise I have seen and it somewhat worked when I seemed to have a lot in my yard was to remove their food. I used a strong grub killer to spray my yard with, gradually they went somewhere else, probably a neighbor's yard.

This is the best way to solve the problem, but it's a slow solution. If you get rid of the grubs, the moles will stay in your neighbors' yards.

Here in the northeast, Japanese Beetle grubs are the primary mole food. You can buy this stuff called Milky Spore and put it down on your lawn. It's a bacteria that attacks the grubs while they are near the surface of the lawn. The grub population then dies and the next year you have no Japanese beetles and no moles.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mi ··· ky_spore

»www.stgl.us/gstore/produ ··· uct=4006

howardfine
join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO

howardfine to dandelion

to dandelion
said by dandelion:

Yep. This worked for me, too.

What also worked was when my cat decided he liked being outside. Every so often, I'd find a dead mole laying on the patio.