All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

MountLaurel
@comcast.net

MountLaurel

Anon

Comcast of Garden State, NJ - Any updates?

We haven't received any New HD or SD channels in awhile. Anyone know when Garden State, NJ system will see more channels added?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

If you're in Mount Laurel - pretty sure March is the month you guys, Northern Delaware, and Delco and Chester counties get the adds.

mount laurel
@comcast.net

mount laurel

Anon

Which adds??? More of the 1000's or new Master or National channel line up?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

The 1000's channels that Center City Philly has, along with Bucks and Montgomery counties in PA.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

Sounds like he has the 1000s already. Is that correct?

mount laurel
@comcast.net

mount laurel

Anon

Yes but we are still waiting on the Premium channels to hit the 1000's.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

comcast isn't adding premiums anymore. People who have them are losing them if I remember correctly.

gwilliam
join:2010-03-20

gwilliam

Comcast Premium lineup is pretty pathetic.You would think they would charge less for the monthly movie packages. lol.
ak3883
join:2005-08-20
Marlton, NJ

ak3883

said by gwilliam:

Comcast Premium lineup is pretty pathetic.You would think they would charge less for the monthly movie packages. lol.

Try Cox, where they force you to get another "plus" package to get all the HD premiums, even though you subscribe to it. So say if you have HBO, you only get HBOHD/HBO2HD. If you have the "Plus" add on package for $5 more a month or so, you get the rest of the HBO HD channels.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to MountLaurel

to MountLaurel
I would'nt mind just one channel for any premiums as long as their on-demand included every program. Of course they probably don't have the bandwidth to support that type of setup atm.

co
@comcast.net

co

Anon

There are a few HD issues I have with Comcast these days:

1. Why don't they offer the NBA, NHL or MLB ticket in HD? I would actually consider these during the season, but there is no way I am paying to watch those games in SD with black bars on the side.

2. Alot of individual HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Encore and Starz channels are still SD. I know that FIOS Pay channels are pretty much all HD, and right now the only HD channels are: HBO, HBO2, HBOZ, SHO, CINEMAX, Encore and Starz.

3. Plus where is REELZ HD channel? That is actually a pretty good channel, but for some reason its still SD.

Floppy
join:2002-07-03

Floppy to bohratom

to bohratom
said by bohratom:

I would'nt mind just one channel for any premiums as long as their on-demand included every program. Of course they probably don't have the bandwidth to support that type of setup atm.

Most if not all the scheduled programing is available in HD OnDemand. That's exactly the reason why they don't carry every premium channel in HD. Also bandwidth has nothing to do with program selection. Currently the VOD menu has about 10,000 programs on it with plans to increase it to 20,000 by the end of the year.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

said by Floppy:

Most if not all the scheduled programing is available in HD OnDemand.

I guess you didn't understand what I meant. Till they offer every movie/series that a premium channel offers to mirror on-demand then you will not see just 1 channel for a premium. For example, Starz/encore this month has around 800 movies yet only around 100 or so are available on-demand. Once they offer that type of programming then my guess is few if any people will care if they only have 1 main channel for a premium. In fact, they would not even need the 1...:D