uniqs
lhamp
Premium Member
join:2000-02-20
Stone Mountain, GA

lhamp

Premium Member

Changing Language in iWork 09

My Daughter has iWork 09 on her Macbook. When trying to use the resume template in Pages the templates are all in French. How do we change the language in iWork?

fourboxers
Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto

fourboxers

Mod

Are you sure it's french and not just lorem ipsum?
lhamp
Premium Member
Stone Mountain, GA

lhamp

Premium Member

I don't know what that means. All I know is that the Language in iWork 09 on all my Macs are not English.

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by lhamp:

I don't know what that means. All I know is that the Language in iWork 09 on all my Macs are not English.

Is it this?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
lhamp
Premium Member
Stone Mountain, GA

lhamp

Premium Member

Yes.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by lhamp:

Yes.

From wikipedia:

In publishing and graphic design, lorem ipsum[p][1] is placeholder text (filler text) commonly used to demonstrate the graphics elements of a document or visual presentation, such as font, typography, and layout. The lorem ipsum text is typically a section of a Latin text by Cicero with words altered, added and removed that make it nonsensical in meaning and not proper Latin.[1]

It is dummy test in the templates. Every know and then you see a website with it. The version I posted has been in use since about the year 1500.
Parth
join:2010-08-16
Poughkeepsie, NY

Parth to lhamp

to lhamp
Hence "lorem ipsum." It's Latin, not French.

»www.lipsum.com/
lhamp
Premium Member
Stone Mountain, GA

lhamp to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
Great! That still doesn't tell me why I can't do a word doc or a template in English!

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by lhamp:

Great! That still doesn't tell me why I can't do a word doc or a template in English!

Delete the text, it is there as a filler. Unless you are saying when you type it comes out in latin?
lhamp
Premium Member
Stone Mountain, GA

lhamp

Premium Member

Thanks.