spc
Search similar:

uniqs
gotcha9
join:2012-01-28
Loxahatchee, FL

gotcha9

[General] Motorola 2210 & WRT54g problems

For some weeks I have problems with my Motorola 2210 modem in combination with the linksys WRT54g. The modem is in bridged mode and the router is setup with the correct account information, I put a clone MAC address in the WRT54g, stay alive is manual set to 180, port forwarding 80 to the correct internal Static ip address for my online camera system. I access this camerasystem using a dyndns account. This works all well untill ATT changes the ip address. Then I have no access anymore to my camera system. If I go to my dyndns account to check the ATT ip address and I try to ping this address then it sends and receives packages to this address, so I know my modem is not down. What can be this problem ?

wayjac
MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

wayjac

MVM

said by gotcha9:

This works all well untill ATT changes the ip address. Then I have no access anymore to my camera system. If I go to my dyndns account to check the ATT ip address and I try to ping this address then it sends and receives packages to this address, so I know my modem is not down

Sounds like the dyndns client is not updating the public ip address
gotcha9
join:2012-01-28
Loxahatchee, FL

gotcha9

Thanks for the information, but I had also a power faillure a few days ago, could that give this problem ??

wayjac
MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

wayjac

MVM

A power failure can cause the public ip address to change