spc
uniqs
spider1225
join:2009-01-26
Tewksbury, MA

spider1225 to More Fiber

to More Fiber

Re: [IMG] 1.9 Likes / Dislikes & Bugs

Now that it seems that all standard def channels are upconverted to high def, the aspect ratio function on my tv is no longer available. I can no longer zoom letterboxed shows so I have a black bar around the entire picture.

It would be nice to have a zoom feature on the Verizon box to cure this problem. I've changed the sd override to 480p, but it's not real convenient and the guide gets all messed up when that happens.

Has anyone else done anything else?
mets18
join:2008-10-15
Cranford, NJ

mets18

said by spider1225:

Now that it seems that all standard def channels are upconverted to high def, the aspect ratio function on my tv is no longer available. I can no longer zoom letterboxed shows so I have a black bar around the entire picture.

It would be nice to have a zoom feature on the Verizon box to cure this problem. I've changed the sd override to 480p, but it's not real convenient and the guide gets all messed up when that happens.

On your verizon remote the # or aspect key should zoom in. I forgot how many times you have to hit it.
UnnDunn
Premium Member
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY

UnnDunn to spider1225

Premium Member

to spider1225
said by spider1225:

Verizon boxes do have a zoom function. Use the # button on your remote control to toggle zoom modes.

miataman
I've attained a PHD in DVR.
Premium Member
join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA

miataman

Premium Member

said by UnnDunn:

said by spider1225:

Verizon boxes do have a zoom function. Use the # button on your remote control to toggle zoom modes.

. and I believe it only works in the "SD override off" mode...(obvious to some, not me LOL)
DaveR5
join:2007-07-17

DaveR5 to spider1225

to spider1225
said by spider1225:

Have you tried enabling NATIVE mode?

This has been a big improvement for me. The SD channels are sent as 480i to my TV and its justify mode fills the screen. It also provides better PQ since its native upscaling is (marginally) superiod to the cable box.
spider1225
join:2009-01-26
Tewksbury, MA

spider1225 to UnnDunn

to UnnDunn
Thanks a lot. This was exactly what I was looking for.

I use a universal remote and didn't know about this feature so it has now learned the code and it works great.