« USPS Priority MailHalp »
This is a sub-selection from tax refund question

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to davidhoffman

to davidhoffman

Re: tax refund question

I sold stock but Jackson Hewitt did my return and guaranteed it would be available today.
Should I call Jackson Hewitt and complain? Will they give me an anticipation loan?

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska

Premium Member

Turbotax said i would have mine days ago too but the IRS really dropped the ball this year. Not much they can do. (And i was told by turbotax that anticipation loans where against the law now. Might be an Illinois thing. )
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman to mikedz4

Premium Member

to mikedz4
I went to the Jackson Hewitt website. I found nothing indicating that they guarantee processing times for tax refunds. They provide an estimate of 7 to 13 days electronically and 9 to 15 days by paper mail. Jackson Hewitt has no control over IRS processing of tax filings. The IRS could decide it needs to examine more closely specific categories of filers because of a pattern of problems showing up in audits. They can slow the processing of those categories down until the issue is resolved. Complaining to Jackson Hewitt would be meaningless because they cannot do anything about internal IRS procedures or decisions. They do offer Refund Anticipation Loan (RAL) application processing, if you meet the minimum anticipated refund amount of $2,000 and other criteria. But as the Jackson Hewitt site points out, the decision to give the loan is made by the banks they deal with, not Jackson Hewitt.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed to djdanska

MVM

to djdanska
Illinois thing - been advertising them in Ohio for the last month or so.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska

Premium Member

We have refund anticipation checks. In other words, they put your refund in a prepaid debit card 7 to 14 days after your approval. Yeesh. lol

»www.hrblock.com/offices/ ··· ons.html

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to davidhoffman

to davidhoffman
This is the 7 to 13 day window. I filed last Friday. So maybe by Thursday then?
davidhoffman
Premium Member
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

If it is Thursday, I would guess it is going to be very late afternoon or early evening before the direct deposit happens. I hope you filed very early in the morning on Friday 20 January.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

1 edit

mikedz4

No 10:52 am. Is that early enough
davidhoffman
Premium Member
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

I say, based on the rest of the information others have posted and knowing how banks sometimes have deposit holds or delays that prevent you getting your deposit immediately, you might get access to the refunded money during the afternoon of Friday 3 February.