dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
hudiat
join:2011-10-13

hudiat to Damagran

to Damagran

Re: Packet loss problems (Columbus OH area)

Okay, I really don't want to be that guy, but enough is enough. Come on WOW, how many people have to call you out on packet loss and bad ping. Go ahead and say there is an issue here, isolated here, can't figure it out, well what do we all have in common, the new arris equipment.

I mean really, come on.

"Whether it be 1 person having an issue or 500, we want to make sure it is fixed" -many places on WOW!'s website

Well more than 1 for sure are having the exact same issues, and all have one thing in common.

Dan, please do a favor and do a winMTR for atleast 2000 with both an arris, and with a SB6121 and post the results. Preferably from home, in a real world situation, not at the office.
maxwatts
join:2012-01-25

maxwatts

Dude, I just got wow last tuesday and have been having issues since before the installer left. Previously had TW's DOCSIS 3.0 service with little/no issue. WOW_Dan as awesome as he is is pointing to my inside wiring as the culprit and so did a wow tech i spoke with over the phone. I had my inside wiring (aka one cable) replaced and they still say it's the issue. This is crazy.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to hudiat

Premium Member

to hudiat
said by hudiat:

Go ahead and say there is an issue here, isolated here, can't figure it out, well what do we all have in common, the new arris equipment.

This is not a new Arris modem. It's a DOCSIS 2.0 eMTA that we've been using for many years.
maxwatts
join:2012-01-25

maxwatts

I just got an SB6121 and the issue seems to be moderately better...
hudiat
join:2011-10-13

hudiat

Also got a SB6121 today. The random ping jumps are gone. Both me and atleast 1 other person I personally know had random ping jumps with the arris, gone with the SB6121.

However, packet loss is still present.