Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

AMejia1976

join:2000-07-29
Kissimmee, FL

1 edit

[TV] BHN & Tivo Series 3 HD Box - KSM 34744

Good morning all. Anyone else has had issues setting up a Series3 HD Tivo with BH? A few days ago I picked up a MStreamCard and TA.... Hook it up... went thru the set up and it has been stuck in "retrieving channel line up" mode. Had a tech come out... and was not able to get it working. He said all was fine with the line, jack etc.

One item that leaves me wondering...

When I called to get it on my acct they never asked for the CableCard # or host ID and even when I asked if they needed it they said they had all they needed from when the item was signed out to me... ODD but OK... So when the tech came out he called based on me telling him they never asked me for that... and I was right... for a change... So after he gives them the info to "pair" we do a few reboots on the Tivo and TA and still no luck. Unfortunately I had to leave due to a last minute issue and were not able to get working. Before leaving he did confirm with his sup that all looked right at the main office from what they could tell.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Outlet is RG59 and since im so far in the woods... I have a line amp (BH provided) outside.

Alex
--
Semper Fi

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2
rg59 doesn't matter and the amp doesn't matter either. If the signal strength and quality are there, all should work well.. It sounds like the TIVO is stuck though, I haven't ever seen one get stuck when searching for channels. even if the CC or TA isn't working, you still get some sort of image on the tv (at least the guide or the banner which would have guide info as well as either just locals (if cc isn't working) or most channels just not the sdv (if the TA isn't working)).

AMejia1976

Kissimmee, FL
Tim...

U suggesting I do a full reset on theTivo, not just a reboot or Repeat Guided Setup?

I have had the Tivo unit for over a year... Just did not have an HDTV hooked to it until now.

Thanks.
--
Semper Fi

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2
what was hooked to it before?

Im not really that sure, usually when tuning adapters and cable cards are hooked up It just takes calling in and getting them paired for the CC and then just plug in the TA and give it a few minutes for the green light to go solid and then it works. sometimes it takes a reboot but thats about it.

If its getting stuck on the searching for channels (is that the screen with the grey wheel thing in the middle?) then I dont see how that could be related to either the CC or TA. If one doesnt work, it just doesnt work. It doesnt affect the tivo from getting to where you can change channels and everything else (there may not be anything there if there not working, but you can still change them)

AMejia1976

Kissimmee, FL
Before it was straight to outlet with only basic cable.

Yes, tech said signal was good.

I guess I can get a hold of Tivo and see if they can pull a service log from the unit... worse comes to worse I have the extended support on it so I can get it replaced if it is the Tivo itself....

Lets see if any I hear any other suggestions before I get home...
--
Semper Fi

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:151
reply to AMejia1976
If you are unable to get this resolved on your own let me know and I will get a tech scheduled to come back and resolve this.

AMejia1976

Kissimmee, FL
Good morning.

50/50 World....
Before I set about to do a full reset on the TiVo I did guided set up to bring it back to NON Cable Card days. Waited 24hrs and then did the guided setup again; this time I chose I will get cable card later but still get my digital lineup. CC and TA were removed from the unit.

Waited 2 hours and inserted the CC while leaving the TA out of the equation. RG6 straight from outlet into TIVO. After a few minutes the "We are displaying this screen on behalf of your cable company" popped up. Waited another 15 minutes. When I came back I pressed "clear" on the TiVo remote and was taken to TiVo Central screen. Then I hit live TV and BINGO!!!! I have cable and non encrypted HD and above 100 channels...

Next I put the TA in... and waited... and waited. While TiVo did say TA was connected the TV screen was blank with a TiVo error message: "Searching for Signal on: Cable in"

I swapped all cables to make sure I had none that were bad and had same results.

Could I have a bad TA?
--
Semper Fi

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
Do you have the usb cable from the TA plugged in?

AMejia1976

Kissimmee, FL
Si/Yes. I thought of changing the USB cable but since the error referred to Cable In I did not.
--
Semper Fi

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to AMejia1976
Rather than beating your head against the wall since you truly have done everything would you like me to get you scheduled for a tech? There will be no charge.

If so PM me your modem MAC and IP and availability and I'll make it happen.