Reviews:
·ooma
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
reply to mattthetech

Re: its about time

said by mattthetech :

They use Asplundh to clear trees from power lines

Also I work for cablevison. Contractors do suck because they get paid by the job so in turn they want to do a lot of them. We definitely could get paid more but our benefits are excellent. We get up to a 3% match on a 401k which is good as it gets nowadays and good health coverage that has been getting more costly but so has the rest of the country. Two weeks sick a year, 3 personal days and 3 weeks vacation. If you tell me with the union I will get 40 an hour and keep these benefits I will sign up today.........but of course that can't be guaranteed. They pay for ALL of your tools even if you lose them, they also proved uniforms that you don't need to pay for. You also get 150 voucher for red wing boots every year. Work sucks sometimes, life sucks sometimes, but I guess we will have to see what happens from here......................

You must be lucky. Triwire is another story.. these install techs do not get benefits as many of them are PART TIME. That's how the story goes. Work rules for a 20-30hr employee are much cheaper than a 40hr employee. Most important being healthcare benefits. If nothing else, this is what triwire employee will fight for in brooklyn. Care to elaborate in the ratio of FULL TIME (with benefits) outside plant employees to PART TIMERS (with NOTHING, but a boot in the ass if they screw up ONCE regardless of time in..)?