Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada

WiFi Digital Picture Frame

Looking for suggestions for a WiFi enabled digital frame... Something pretty much exactly like the Kodak Pulse, only not a Kodak Pulse...

Backstory - I've had a Pulse frame for about 2 years - I loved the ability to email straight to the frame; friends and family could also send pics straight to us... When it worked, it was incredible.

HOWEVER - the Kodak Pulse service is a dog - there's no ability to backup of the pics on Kodak's server, and reseting the frame discards all the pics on the frame and the server, and closes your account; so if you have to reset the frame (SOP for any kind of hiccup with it) - you loose everything that was on it....

Something in the 7-10" range, WiFi and/or email connected would be ideal... Most Google links lead me to the Kodak frames, which I want to avoid; or some other names I'm not familar with (Pandigital seems to be common?) - for $150 - I'm not prepared to take a flyer on an unknown company...

Anyone have experience with a networked frame to share?

virtuasian

@sbcglobal.net
Hey Lazman

you can get a Pixstar email sharing frames that can connect to your online album as well such as Picasa, Facebook, Flickr.

you can find it on Amazon under Pixstar fotoconnect 10.4" and 8"

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1
Get an iPad.

Digislides

@bethere.co.uk
reply to LazMan
Hi
Samsung and Polaroid have WiFi network frames to connect to a PC rather than an online service. Nextbase PhotoM@il frames use can receive pictures via e-mail and the Toshiba Journe is more like a multimedia device but is a frame that can use Flickr and Picasa.
Thay may be suitable for you.