Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:1
Reviews:
·CableOne

[Firmware] E4200v2 Firmware Updated To v2.0.36

Click for full size
I just noticed that my E4200v2 was automatically updated to Firmware v2.0.36. To get this version, you must have your settings on Auto Update for Firmware, for if you go to Cisco/Linksys' Firmware Update page at »homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/supp···rs/E4200 you will not be able to update manually at the time I am posting this. All you will get is the Release Notes, which are posted above.
--
"Is there a 50's Cafe around here"?

Bill_MI
Bill In Michigan
Premium,MVM
join:2001-01-03
Royal Oak, MI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..

Good info but unfortunately...

No mention of the WPS fiasco so I would have to assume this 01/04/12 release doesn't affect that status. Strange there's no file available.

The E4200 v2 remains "TBD": »www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?···eid=2515

KoRnGtL15
Premium
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR
reply to lordpuffer

No update for v1 as well? That sucks.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Bill_MI

its possible the WPS issue you mentioned that the v1 is having does not affect the v2 since it uses a different brand of processor, RAM, flash, and wireless cards, as well as the fact that the firmware for the v2 is made by Linksys/Cisco itself instead of through a third party like the v1 is.

Although the file is not available for dowload on the website, the router can check for the new firmware by using the web interface "check for upgrade" button and prompt you with the option to do said upgrade, downgrade from said update, or not upgrade.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to KoRnGtL15

There was an upgrade in February. »homedownloads.cisco.com/download···2012.txt »homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/supp···rs/E4200

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:1
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to Mike Wolf

Click for full size
You can also set v2 to "Upgrade Automatically." And, you can Restore Previous Firmware (if need be).
--
PR is back in town

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

Yup thats correct. When I first got my E4200v2 I left it on auto update after it checked and found an update. I left the router alone overnight and when I checked on it next it had upgraded all by itself. Very impressive and good for those who are not active on their upgrading or who simply have no clue what that is and how to do it.