spc
uniqs

Dougal40
join:2007-03-14
Ney, OH

Dougal40 to hdman

to hdman

Re: New Exede customers, please post

I have converted several to new service and speeds depend on which speed test you use. Speeds from 6 to 16 mps. Testmy runs consistent at 14 mps. Latency isn't too bad. All subs are impressed with new service!!!
DialTone301
join:2012-01-30
Paris, IL

DialTone301

Got moved from the old system to the new system last Thursday by my provider(Rural Electric Cooperative). Went smooth but on Friday morning I had no service for about 1/2 hour....been solid every since.

I have been with WB for 7 years and sat is the only choice where I live. This new service is much better. Speed tests range from 1 meg to 17 meg. Voip (using Microsoft Lync) is now usable...it didn't work for me on the old system. I am happy I made the switch and have been advising friends and family to do it also.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg to Dougal40

to Dougal40
said by Dougal40:

Speeds from 6 to 16 mps. Testmy runs consistent at 14 mps.

TestMy hasn't been known to return reliable results to satcom subscribers. It has to do with the compression algorithms used (particularly on the uplink). Assuming the Surfbeam2 compression algorithm doesn't differ much from the original, WB has historically recommended Toast.net - specifically the largest file option they offer. It also helps to know where your Exede/Wildblue gateway is located, so you can select the closest Toast server. That reduces the impact on results due to backhaul delays.

//greg//

millsjq
@direcway.com

millsjq

Anon

I currently have Hughes net(my only choice up to now) and would be interested in more real world experience with excede before I proceed. Using speedtest I seem to averge about 1400ms latency! and using the hughes net speed test my download is at best 1mps. I know my iphone is much quicker with 3G download at work than at home with WIFI through huges net.
Expand your moderator at work
micwa
join:2009-01-13
Seminary, MS

micwa to grohgreg

to grohgreg

Re: New Exede customers, please post

Everyone on the Wildblue forums use Testmy.net. If I recall, the mods have suggested using that site for test results.