Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

1 edit

Kilroy

MVM

The new business model - EPIC FAIL

Restricting the availability of your product has got to be the absolute worst business model out there. Then, after you restrict the ability to legally obtain your product claim that piracy is the cause of your loss of revenue and not intentional prevention of customer access.

The share holders best let the morons running these companies that they are not acting in the best interest of the share holders. Time Warner needs to get with the program and figure out that physical media is in its death throws and will be dead shortly. People don't want to pay to have something to have, hold and store. They want a digital copy where they can hold all of their CDs and DVDs in less than a square foot of space. Having them stored in the cloud is another thing they enjoy.

I agree about forgetting about something if it isn't in my queue. It may be years before I think about it again. Their marketing department may want to let them know that once you are out of the public eye selling your product becomes harder and harder. I can wait as long as it takes to get to NetFlix and if that is never then there is plenty more out there to watch.

For the right six figure salary I'm willing to fix their problem. Go digital, kill physical and let the money roll in.

Bottom line, is you can make the sure money from NetFlix or the possibility of money by delaying its availability. When you don't make that possible money and NetFlix decides that 56 days is too long to pay full price, where does that leave you?