uniqs
chevelleman
join:2009-05-15
Troutdale, OR

1 edit

chevelleman to markon101

to markon101

Re: Frontier slow connection in the evening hours 7-11PM WV

Same problem for me here in Troutdale. From about 6 PM to midnight the speed slows way down for the past couple days.
DJ24966
join:2005-12-07
Renick, WV

DJ24966

Did they not actually drop any of your speeds from the CO? I was dropped from 3.5Mb to 1.3Mb until 'upgrades' are complete.

I've been told we were getting upgrades for 3 years now so I don't expect my speed to ever go back.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612

MVM

Frontier dropping speeds only makes them look worse on the global speed test charts than they already are with partially congested lines (like mine) that can at least hit 1.2 - 2.2Mbps at night on a speed test until the congestion eases. If it brings the averages up until the congestion is solved with additional capacity, then I guess it's ok (without any in-depth thoughts). Either way, hope it isn't for too long as paying for 3 but getting 1 isn't really acceptable. In my area if my sync rate was dropped down, I'd contact a local tech I know in the CO and he'll fix the speed. If they can't fix it, then it's basically dropping to Frontier Lite as it at least runs at 1.2Mbps/160kbps here. Considering though, that the congestion isn't local, there should be no need to drop me to 1Mbps from 3Mbps. Speeds are nice and consistent to Rochester, staying at a solid 3,200kbps without jitter. Once you begin to travel depper into Frontier's network in Rochester, it's congested.
DJ24966
Renick, WV

DJ24966

This past weeks emails with them have been hilarious. It took me 3 days of bugging John Mutscheller to even get a reply out of him.

His 1st reply.
quote:
DJ,

I thought I explained this situation before, if I wasn't clear I apologize.

Frontier is working on a Reconfigurable Optical Add Drop Multiplexer system for the entire state. This will give us flexibility in routing traffic and the ability to increase bandwidth. We continue to move forward on this project but it is a huge undertaking. As part of this job we had to replace a lot of fiber facilities in my area. Most of this was done at night so customers wouldn't know we were working on the system.

I don't have a completion date at this time but we are moving forward.

john
My reply.
quote:
John

That doesn't explain why I was dumped down to almost nothing from 3Mb, nor does it explain the PDF file that was on the frontier website saying upgrades were going to be done in November.

I'm not trying to be rude and I apologize if it comes of that way, I'm just tired of the constant issues.

Do you have any timeframe on when the cell tower in Frankford will be turned on? I noticed 2 Frontier trucks going up there earlier for the first time in a few weeks.

DJ
His reply....
quote:
I don't have a turn up date for ATT, that will be up to them.

Frontier should be done with our facility build this week.

john
Within an hour my speed stats were bumped to 3.5Mb again, but of course I can't hit those speeds.

Also, the cell tower in question was on for about 30 minutes after those emails and then promptly shut off again.

I was originally told about the road M network this time last year btw.

I love how he ignores my question about the pdf and doesn't even acknowledge the speed issue.

spaniel
@frontiernet.net

spaniel

Anon

Good to hear at least some response.

Their customer communication seems to be lacking. I was told that our congestion was going to be fixed in October last year. It's February 1st, and the evening congestion still exists. We're getting less than a third of our service, why should we pay more than a third of our bill?
DJ24966
Renick, WV

DJ24966

Yeah, and I know they are sick of hearing from me but it's like this, They've never been reliable at keeping their word before so why should I have faith in them now?

voofie
@184.19.103.x

voofie to chevelleman

Anon

to chevelleman
Same here in Berkeley County (Hedgesville) starting at about 5pm daily.
Had 3.5 meg service with Verizon just fine, but since Frontier took over am unable to vatch a You Tube or any other vid without constant reload pauses. Speed ests show upload speeds at 690kbps and even lower. Waiting for a new modem, but certain that won't resolve the issue. I believe all the Frontier service trucks between me and Martinsburg, replacing pedistals and cable are the issue. Frontier CS and Tech SVC deny this is the issue, but claim the issue is somewhere in wiring. They refuse to test for wiring issues until the new modem is installed. CS wants to discount my service by a mere $10 per month. I want the speed back, not a discount!!!!

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

I was told you folks over in Hedgesville area had new AdTran equipment installed.

voofie
@ncnetwork.net

voofie

Anon

Somebody at Frontier lied?
DJ24966
Renick, WV

DJ24966

said by Voofie:

Somebody at Frontier lied?

LOL
Majestica
join:2009-01-26
Hedgesville, WV

Majestica to Hank

to Hank
Shoot, if that is the case, where the heck are the improvements
Majestica

Majestica

Click for full size
Absolutely Pathetic!!

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV

Hank to Smith6612

Premium Member

to Smith6612
Smith6612 I agree and I have three times now posed that question to our regional manager. His first response was that he will have your local manager contact me. The next two times he has just ignored my request for information.