join:2006-05-19
Beaumont, CA
Oops! Posted on wrong forum. Mods, can you please move it to Verizon FIOS TV

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to scla
Starz play is now known as "Starz Online" and Fios atm is not a provider. Currently only Comcast, Disk and U-Verse support the service. This service no longer has an extra fee like Starz Play had as long as you subscribe to the premium channel. Sort of like HBOGO and Showtime anywhere.

»www.starz.com/channels/Online

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA
I've heard Starz is pulling their content from Netflix online as well.

JH28

@bankofamerica.com
Their contract with netflix is up at the end of February and they wanted way more then Netflix was willing to pay to renew.

mwdenio

join:2012-02-02
Wilmington, DE
So why am I still being billed for it?

mwdenio

Wilmington, DE
Being billed for Starz Play I mean. When was it pulled?

bohratom

Red Bank NJ

1 edit
said by mwdenio:

Being billed for Starz Play I mean. When was it pulled?

It is no longer offered for new accounts. However current account users can still use it till the new starz online is active.

mwdenio

Wilmington, DE
Good deal. Thanks bohratom!

bohratom

Red Bank NJ

1 edit
reply to scla
Speaking of the devil guess what just went live on FIOS... Yep Starz online using flexview.

»www22.verizon.com/OnDemand/membe···CN=STARZ

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY
This is great! Does this mean Verizon will start hosting videos as part of Flex View for all the other premium movie channels? It would be awesome if they did this for Showtime (in HD) instead of having to go to Showtime Anytime and watching it in crappy SD...

bohratom

Red Bank NJ
said by UnnDunn:

Does this mean Verizon will start hosting videos as part of Flex View for all the other premium movie channels?

I'm not sure if FIOS is physically hosting the content or just providing its own gateway to Starz. My guess is its just a gateway to the Starz online content. I agree with you it would be awesome if FIOS would incorporate the rest of the premium channels in the same style.

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY
said by bohratom:

said by UnnDunn:

Does this mean Verizon will start hosting videos as part of Flex View for all the other premium movie channels?

I'm not sure if FIOS is physically hosting the content or just providing its own gateway to Starz. My guess is its just a gateway to the Starz online content. I agree with you it would be awesome if FIOS would incorporate the rest of the premium channels in the same style.

I think Verizon is actually hosting the content, because it already hosts the content for FiOS On Demand and Flex View on PC/Phone. It would make sense that they're just providing a web-based gateway to the same files.

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to bohratom
said by bohratom:

Speaking of the devil guess what just went live on FIOS... Yep Starz online using flexview.
»www22.verizon.com/OnDemand/membe···CN=STARZ

So, see if I've got this straight. I have ultimate tier. So If I "add" the $9.99 movie adder package, I'll have free flexview from those channels? Will these be the only free flexviews?
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

bohratom

Red Bank NJ
said by miataman:

So, see if I've got this straight. I have ultimate tier. So If I "add" the $9.99 movie adder package, I'll have free flexview from those channels? Will these be the only free flexviews?

ATM it seems only starz/encore have flexview for the premiums.

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ
Just tried a Starz FlexView movie on my Droid X and it's not working. Took 14 minutes to download "The Tourist" by WiFi over my 35/35 FiOS connection. The movie appears in my download library but I get an error message when I try to play it. A player opens, the video tries to load, and then it says "Error, file cannot be displayed or played." Big fail!

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
Has your Droid X been "jailbroke"? It lists that as a reason for failures.
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ
Nope, it's not rooted. Running the stock Verizon Google Android operating system.

bohratom

Red Bank NJ
said by Steely:

Nope, it's not rooted. Running the stock Verizon Google Android operating system.

It just went live today so give it 24 hours and see what happens.

bohratom

Red Bank NJ
reply to scla
I was watching some Starz/Encore Flexview titles online and it seems none of them were widescreen. Anyone else experience the same?

thanks