Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mablung
Mablung

join:2009-03-02
Idaho Falls, ID

[PvP] Melee PvP'ers celebrate today!

I am really interested to see how todays patch changes Blood DK's. I'm sure alot of people are looking forward to this nerf....Except DK's

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
Can anyone copy paste patch notes? I'm on duty today and it would give me something to do.
--
Mcbrain, Goblin Shadow Priest, [Lock Down], Kil'Jaeden

boudro
The Cowboys are America's Team
Premium
join:2000-09-05
Texas

1 recommendation

Here it is:

World of Warcraft Patch 4.3.2

Notes for all World of Warcraft patches can be found here.

Classes: General

Vengeance is no longer triggered by receiving damage from other players.

Druids

The Tier 13 Balance Druid 4-piece bonus now also increases the damage of Starsurge by 10%, in addition to its current effect.

Hunters

Aspect of the Hawk now grants roughly 35% more attack power.
Deterrence now also reduces damage taken by 30% while active.
Black Arrow now ticks every 2 seconds for 20 seconds, as opposed to every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. The total damage dealt by the ability is unchanged.
Lock and Load no longer benefits Arcane Shot, nor is it consumed by Arcane Shot.

Mages

Fireball damage has been reduced by roughly 6%.
Pyroblast damage has been reduced by roughly 6%.

Paladins

Holy Radiance now costs 40% of base mana, up from 35%.

Priests

Mass Dispel should again prefer dispelling targets that have magic effects that can be dispelled.

Rogues

Adrenaline Rush no longer triggers a global cooldown.

Dungeons & Raids

You can now form same-faction raids with Real ID friends, allowing you to enter Raid Finder in groups larger than 5, run older normal or heroic raids, or participate in Battlegrounds. You will not yet be able to run normal or heroic Dragon Soul with cross-realm raids of Real ID friends.
Several typo fixes and clarified descriptions have been added to the Dungeon Journal entries for Dragon Soul.
Players can no longer win multiple copies of the same item on a single Raid Finder boss kill. For example, a player who chooses Need on two set piece tokens or two weapons and wins the first, will not be eligible for the second on that particular boss.
Baradin Hold
The roaming Eyes of Occu'thar have been replaced by hateful creatures who serve Alizabal.
Dragon Soul
Warmaster Blackhorn
The visual warning for Twilight Elites' Blade Rush should be easier to see.

Items

Vial of Shadows damage (Lightning Strike) has been reduced to approximately one-third of previous damage. However, it will now trigger approximately 3 times as often. This is intended to keep overall DPS the same while reducing burst damage, especially in PvP.
--
How about them Cowboys!

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
reply to Mablung
Fire mage nerf. Great

Bodybagger
Premium
join:2010-03-30
Saint Matthews, SC
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to boudro
Vial of Shadows damage (Lightning Strike) has been reduced to approximately one-third of previous damage. However, it will now trigger approximately 3 times as often. This is intended to keep overall DPS the same while reducing burst damage, especially in PvP.

Wish I had that OP trinket at the time. =\ This will be wonderful for arena! No more dying from a rogue after the cheapshot or having a hunter 3 shot you with a 60k lightning crit in the mix!

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3
reply to Mablung
Lame. Prot PvP on my Paladin was fun for world PvP & BGs, but not like Arena-stopping OP or anything. Guess that fun boat has sailed now.

Treebark
Premium
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC
kudos:1
reply to boudro
More hunter Buffs?

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
I knew it was coming when they announced the AP buff changes for melee in 4.3.
--

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to Treebark
said by Treebark:

More hunter Buffs?

What do you mean more? they got "nerfed" on 4.3 by 10%.. they giving back 6%, nobody wants hunters in Heroic Spine and Heroic Madness because their pet don't attack Tendons on one and corruptions on the other.

There's nothing on the patch saying they are fixing pet issues on these fights..

Mablung
Mablung

Idaho Falls, ID
reply to Thaler
Prot PvP on my Warrior is the same, I don't do the damage of a DK or Druid but my ability to survive is very good, not ridiculous but good. Very fun to play, It will be interesting to see how this change affects Pally's and Warriors...It seems they are more of a utility class that is very helpful in a team situation with their stuns and aoe for flag protection, both DK and druid can flat out kill people while requiring multiple oponents to bring them down. Too bad this doesn't affect only those 2.

Bradzor

join:2010-02-16
Ballwin, MO
reply to Mablung
Is the DS nerf in this patch?

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
yes

bckck5

Treebark
Premium
Havelock, NC
Sucks, I want to play, off work with nothing to do. Getting some weird error with silverlight trying to watch netflix. Cold beer and WoW on a Tuesday morning, hope servers are up in 30 minutes.

Before patch on hunters, a few of those fights with pets being bugged sounded like they sucked, but other than that, I didn't see a problem with them, but when I was on mine, I was probably running with bads.

Treebark
Premium
Havelock, NC
reply to Mablung
Click for full size
I think this mount is coming too, feldrake?

djlar

join:2009-04-23
Well if you bought the TCG and got that card, yes.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to djlar
said by djlar:

said by Treebark:

More hunter Buffs?

There's nothing on the patch saying they are fixing pet issues on these fights..

Because they already fixed the pet issues for those fights like a month and a half ago.

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
reply to Mablung
said by Mablung:

Prot PvP on my Warrior is the same, I don't do the damage of a DK or Druid but my ability to survive is very good, not ridiculous but good. Very fun to play, It will be interesting to see how this change affects Pally's and Warriors...It seems they are more of a utility class that is very helpful in a team situation with their stuns and aoe for flag protection, both DK and druid can flat out kill people while requiring multiple oponents to bring them down. Too bad this doesn't affect only those 2.

I think it's been stated by Blizzard blue posts before that they don't give a flying f*ck about Prot/Blood viability as PvP specs. They're simply just not builds they make considerations for when determining PvP balancing. PvP Prot Warriors/Paladins were simply a fun by-product. I'm just sad to see something go from "fun & different but not overpowered" to shot-in-the-face gimped.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
I wouldn't call it shot-in-the-face gimped, well at least not Prot Warriors. They will at least still have a place on nearly every decent RBG team.

Paladins on the other hand, are going the way of Marvin in Pulp Fiction. If they were given some semblance of mobility they wouldn't lag so far behind the other tank specs in team oriented PvP.
--

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
Well, the biggest selling factor to the Tank PvP builds was that we could hit back hard when others started to pile up on us. Now with Vengance stacks totally gone in PvP, Prot Warriors/Paladins will be hurting to cause any real damage to other players.

They might still be viable as a very-limited role pocket flag runner...but now there's a very substantial tradeoff of damage-dealing for survival. These Prot flag runners are going to be hitting like pillows against their opponents.

saillaw
Premium
join:2007-05-08
Dismay
I wonder if they will lose aggro now to their opponents. Might make it easier to keep the flag if they can't hold aggro.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to Thaler
In flag runner maps FC's usually get murdered before a decent amount of Vengeance could stack up. Think about it, if the FC is mid-field, he is more than likely running away. Of course his Vengeance stacks will rise in this scenario, but he won't be attacking anyone, instead he is probably trying to escape. There are strategies where FC's stay in mid as long as reasonably possible, but any time they start taking real heat, they have to scat back to the safety of the flag room.

If there was a position where the FC would be able to build some stacks of Vengeance and do meaningful amounts of damage, it would be in the flag room. But in this situation, his stacks of Focused Assault are piling up and any team worth their salt will have an offensive unit with enough control and burst to CC heals and Smoke Bomb the FC...game over at this point. Vengeance is worthless when you are Kidney Shot, Deep Frozen, Psychic Horrored, and your healers are Feared, Silenced, Sheeped, and Sapped.

Now, I'm not saying that FCs haven't had some success damage-wise in the RBGs I've done. I've seen some Warriors and Druids eclipse 2 million damage done in Warsong Gulch, but in these instances the BG lasted nearly the entire duration and the top DPS were ~10 million.

Where Warriors shine even more is on node maps, especially Gilneas, where a Prot Warrior and 2 good healers can keep a team from capping Water Works for nearly an infinite amount of time. The damage mitigation + AOE damage is unprecedented. To the point where a slightly skilled/geared team with a Prot Warrior has the upperhand in that battleground against a team without one.
--

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to Thaler
said by Thaler:

but now there's a very substantial tradeoff of damage-dealing for survival. These Prot flag runners are going to be hitting like pillows against their opponents.

An easy fix to this would be to make Taunt a DPS cooldown in PvP. Give the tank X% damage increase on the taunted target for x seconds or they receive x amount of damage from that target, whichever comes first.
--

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, but again, Blizzard blues have come outright and said that Prot isn't one of their "balanced" PvP builds. They're fine with it existing - so long as it isn't OP compared to "real" PvP specs. Blizzard simply won't go out of their way changing/coding talents/mechanics as to give tank classes a tank-tree viable build.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
I agree with Blizzard. Though I do want to go taunt and tank that mage over there!

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Mablung
anyone try out their tank last night, if so how was it?

Mablung
Mablung

Idaho Falls, ID
On my warrior I was a little rage-hungry.....never had that problem before..Druid, I wasn't mowing people down like before, DK.....still live long, just don't hit as hard....

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
reply to Mablung
Taunting mages still doesn't work.

Shield of the STFU & Hammer of Nope still works.

On a slight tangent...uh, how the hell does taunt work on crabs? Do I speak their language or something?

The0_o

join:2011-06-15
Silver Spring, MD

1 edit
reply to Mablung
said by Mablung:

On my warrior I was a little rage-hungry.....never had that problem before..Druid, I wasn't mowing people down like before, DK.....still live long, just don't hit as hard....

Ran around TB on my Death Knight, 1 on 1 nothing cant kill me, but i cant kill shit that also have a self heal they can use in combat. I miss my 60k heart Strikes

said by McBrain:

said by Thaler:

but now there's a very substantial tradeoff of damage-dealing for survival. These Prot flag runners are going to be hitting like pillows against their opponents.

An easy fix to this would be to make Taunt a DPS cooldown in PvP. Give the tank X% damage increase on the taunted target for x seconds or they receive x amount of damage from that target, whichever comes first.

Like warhammers

said by somedude4:

In Warhammer online, a player taunt was actually usefull in PvP, it simply made the target receive X% more damage from the "taunter", until the taunted target made Y number attacks on the taunter. So if you didn't focus the taunter, he would burst you down pretty quick.

--
"There is no good. No Evil. No Light. There is only PIE"

Maxxh

join:2011-05-17
Boston, MA
reply to Mablung
Sigh now I can go back to Unholy/Frost, so much for / walking from flag to base just for lawls owell.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Maxxh:

... so much for / walking from flag to base just for lawls owell.

wonder how blizzard decided vengeance in pvp was OP?