New York
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Future Nine Corp..
·T-Mobile US
·Optimum Online
reply to FL Cable Guy

Re: Incoming price increase to all customers

Umm.. Okay.. Guess I struck a nerve and my comment was perhaps uncalled for. It's been my experience that beyond running and crimping coax, setting up STBs and calling "home" to activate, that's just about the full scope of work I've witnessed cable guys do. Trust me, I've had people tell me all I do is sit here all day long and do absolutely nothing.

Not many realize this but a good IT guy is usually the one employee that everyone hardly calls. The "IT" guy who talks the most shit is usually not worth his weight on paper. And yes, there are many of us "IT" guys out there who are like this. Sorry you've had to contend with them.

Personally, I run a small home care agency where I am. I'm paid much more than $11/hr, and I'm usually the go-to guy for the same dumbass questions regarding the system day in and day out. What I don't get called on at all is about a server or network down situation, and that to me personally signifies a well-run shop.

JRW2
R.I.P. Mom, Brian, Ziggy, Max and Zen.
Premium
join:2004-12-20
La La Land
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by Network Guy:

What I don't get called on at all is about a server or network down situation, and that to me personally signifies a well-run shop.

How many "management" types don't grasp this concept.
They think if you are NOT running around like an idiot, you are not doing your job...
--
Politics is a disease, we need a cure!
In constant search for intelligent life on Earth!

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York
kudos:2

Fortunately where I am they don't have a choice but to understand that. It's one of the few perks of being a one-man IT shop.