spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

neuf512

join:2012-01-31
Indianapolis, IN

Has Bright House gotten slower on purpose?

I used to be really happy with my Bright House cable internet connection, but it has declined in speed over the last couple months. Streaming is terrible now and downloads seem to take substantially longer.

Has anyone else noticed the difference? It is almost like they are trying to create a need to upgrade.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:147

Hello,

I work for Bright House Networks and would like to assist with this. Please PM me your modem MAC and IP and I'll be in touch.

neuf512

join:2012-01-31
Indianapolis, IN
reply to neuf512

I just found out via the Brighthouse Tech Expert that I have the slowest possible service, even though I bought the best at the onset of our relationship with BrightHouse. In other words, our service was downgraded without us knowing it. (Maybe we were told our service would start to suck if we didn't pay more in fine print somewhere.) No wonder my streaming on virtually anything has gotten terrible. In our area, the cable service is essentially a monopoly. Nice. Time to look at Uverse or others.

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH
kudos:2

Sounds like the "super introductory rate" expired.

shamowfski

join:2012-02-27
reply to neuf512

Yes!

I have Turbo (Supposed to be 20 Mb/s) and I've barely been getting 10 for the last month or so. I was hoping it was super bowl related when it started (I'm in indy), but it hasn't gotten better. I can't watch any streaming videos without waiting for them to load. I used to be able to just click play and go. I have a friend nearby on 6 Mb U-verse and his feels WAY faster than mine.