uniqs
share rss forum feed

andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario
kudos:1

Bell makes new biz tariffs

The prices are not actually bad for fib biz stuff.I'm shocked on the price actually.Maybe they already have inside info on CNOC's ruling

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

FIBBIZ ?

ROFL !

Sorry, that was a gut reaction.

OK, I'll read it now.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to andyb
It still doesn't address the commingling of residential and business data.

andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario
Thats a separate thing being looked at by the CRTC I think if anyone filed about it.If they didnt file then it wont be looked at

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to andyb
Can someone make those into PDF's? I dont have word (no need for it) and Windows 7 WordPad doesnt appear to read the old .DOC format.

NVM that.. installed word viewer...

What the fuck are they doing with the upload on the 25meg tier? no 7meg upload? no higher option than 1meg? That's brutal.

FUCK YOU BELL.
--
GO LEAFS GO!

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
nevermind I'm on crack... it's an option for $3.75 extra.

Wonder about the modem for the VDSL2 tiers... will it be provided like for residential?
--
GO LEAFS GO!

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
Thinking about it, the 1 meg thing probably makes sense. Unless you have a small bus near a residential area there is probably no VDSL2 remote available. So I suspect not many business customers will qualify for 25/7 let alone 25/1. Of course some of us might opt for bus loops at a residence but Bell doesn't want to advertise that.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
VDSL2 remote just outside my work building. We've wanted a 25/7 solution since it first became available on residential.
--
GO LEAFS GO!

Oinktastic
Let them use fibre

join:2005-08-24
Scarborough
Reviews:
·localphone.com
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

Wonder about the modem for the VDSL2 tiers... will it be provided like for residential?

Hmmm.. So the VDSL card is worth $3.75?

Cyborg994

join:2005-04-18
Montreal, QC
reply to andyb
I assume they will refuse to install on a residential line ? What about a residential dry-loop ? From what I can see there is no Usage base part, it might be cheaper to get an unlimited business line the a residentail line, and way less risky for ISPs as well...

I do have a home-based business, but I don't think this qualifies the location for a business line.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
said by Cyborg994:

I assume they will refuse to install on a residential line ? What about a residential dry-loop ? From what I can see there is no Usage base part, it might be cheaper to get an unlimited business line the a residentail line, and way less risky for ISPs as well...

I do have a home-based business, but I don't think this qualifies the location for a business line.

As far as I was told, GAS business can be installed on a dry loop in a residence. Whether that changes with the new tariffs, no idea.

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada
reply to andyb
This actually seems somewhat fair... does this mean that bell is actually willing to play fair with it's clients and wholesalers???

For some reason, I don't want to hold my breath too long for these rates.

All sarcasm aside, I believe this is awesome news for those small businesses who cannot afford things like terago and fibre.

I look forward to the new tariffs!
--
"Don't be dense, use common sense"
»/im/95892602/3467.png

freejazz_RdJ

join:2009-03-10
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

VDSL2 remote just outside my work building. We've wanted a 25/7 solution since it first became available on residential.

But business heavy zones have not received FTTN remotes in many areas. They have received MSAP digital loop carrier devices that offer POTS/Centrex, T1, and ADSL2+. So for many small/mid businesses in zones with more commercial/industrial zoning, VDSL speeds will not be prevalent.

If you're in a residential or mixed use zone, you will probably have FTTN. But not in one with more of a business/commercial/institutional focus.

kovy7

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

Yes, same modem.

kovy7

reply to Oinktastic
said by Oinktastic:

said by HiVolt:

Hmmm.. So the VDSL card is worth $3.75?

In most case, it's the same card no matter the speed...

Oinktastic
Let them use fibre

Scarborough
said by kovy7:

So what costs $3.75?

kovy7

said by Oinktastic:

said by kovy7:

So what costs $3.75?

The upload... from 1mbps to 7mbps (up too). Just like how it cost 5$ for residential...

Oinktastic
Let them use fibre

Scarborough
Reviews:
·localphone.com
said by kovy7:

The upload... from 1mbps to 7mbps (up too). Just like how it cost 5$ for residential...

Yea, but I forget what that amount represents It's supposed to represent a real cost, n'est-ce pas?

kovy7

said by Oinktastic:

said by kovy7:

Yea, but I forget what that amount represents It's supposed to represent a real cost, n'est-ce pas?

Sounds like the cost they charge directly the customer. I don't think there's any "real" cost. Since most cards for FTTN are ADSL,ADSL2+ and VDSL2 compatible.

jfmezei
Premium
join:2007-01-03
Pointe-Claire, QC
kudos:23
From a regulatory purpose, Bell considers anything above ADSL-1 to be "FTTN".

Note that ADLS2+ can go to 24mbps but not sure if Bell has such profiles. however, the 7mbps upload is strictly VDLS2.

kovy7

said by jfmezei:

From a regulatory purpose, Bell considers anything above ADSL-1 to be "FTTN".

Note that ADLS2+ can go to 24mbps but not sure if Bell has such profiles. however, the 7mbps upload is strictly VDLS2.

Highest is 22mbps interleaved.