uniqs
share rss forum feed

Gongster
Gongster Enterprises
Premium
join:2001-12-31
Markham, ON

[TV] New Guide

I really don't like the new guide they implemented. Its really laggy, takes longer to scroll through and I just don't like the general layout. Is it possible to switch it back to the old one?

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

LOL. Its slow and laggy? what else is new. It's Rogers.

No, you cannot switch back. Only way to do that is to get an older non cisco box, as they will not get the new guide.
--
GO LEAFS GO!

JAC70

join:2008-10-20
canada

Yeah, problem is the old SA boxes are slow as crap as well after Rogers stuck the new front end in there.

yyzlhr

@rogers.com
reply to Gongster

No you can't, like someone mentioned earlier, you can switch back to a SA or Pace Terminal if you want. Otherwise, I'd try to Modern HD theme as I find it to be less laggy than the classic HD theme.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada

yeah what he said, change it to the modern hd theme its less laggy, oh and rogers claims they will speed up the guide in future releases? can u post a screen shot of it please and thanks.
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

loooooooool

@80.67.10.x
reply to Gongster

You can't even search by theme or any other criteria.

the cerberus

join:2007-10-16
Richmond Hill, ON

Sounds pretty lousy

The only good feature is the multiroom dvr.
they havent rolled out this upgrade in richmond hill yet

Ped_Man

join:2004-03-27
Markham, ON

They have rolled out in Markham and Thornhill.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

canada

umm thornhill is considered to be in markham too.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

I have gotten it here in Scarborough on the Cisco non dvr box... Looks pretty good actually, and isn't sluggish at all.
--
GO LEAFS GO!

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

canada

nice

yyzlhr

@rogers.com
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

I have gotten it here in Scarborough on the Cisco non dvr box... Looks pretty good actually, and isn't sluggish at all.

Can you post which software version you're running?

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by yyzlhr :

said by HiVolt:

What's is the button combination to get into the Cisco box diagnostic menu?
--
GO LEAFS GO!

decx
Premium
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC
reply to Gongster

Strange, I've had the new IPG on my 4642 HD box for over a week, but the 8642 PVR has yet to be upgraded even after a hard reboot.

On the 4642, it isn't bad at all. No real noticeable lag (it may be less noticeable though as it running through a Slingbox). However, the widescreen IPG isn't really helpful as it now only shows 1.5 hours worth of programming in one shot. Even the old IPG shows a bit more. Rogers really need to take a cue from the interface of FibeTV boxes.

decx
Premium
Vancouver, BC
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

said by yyzlhr :

said by HiVolt:

I've been looking into that as well however I've yet to find a method that actually works. All the old combo does on the new firmware is freezes up the video.

yyzlhr

@rogers.com
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

said by yyzlhr :

said by HiVolt:

Not sure, but with the new UI, if you press settings and then scroll down to troubleshooting, it should give you an option that displays the software version.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by yyzlhr :

Not sure, but with the new UI, if you press settings and then scroll down to troubleshooting, it should give you an option that displays the software version.

I'll check it later.
--
GO LEAFS GO!

decx
Premium
Vancouver, BC

It's under Settings > Troubleshooting > System information.

dan mackay

join:2008-10-11
Barrie, ON
reply to Gongster

same old guide here, wait I have the older 4250 box

Ruben_arruda

join:2004-06-29
Toronto, ON
reply to Gongster

find info on the new ipg here »rogers-tv-enhancements.com/

Fuzzy Dunlop

join:2011-02-07
Toronto, ON

I demoed the new IPG in my local Rogers Plus store yesterday; I managed to freeze the display, to the point of having to reboot the STB. I consider it a blessing that the IPG firmware 'update' hasn't infected my Cisco 4642HD. Yet. According to some sources, Robbers CSRs are saying the complete IPG rollout is being put on hold until they can fix it. Small comfort to those who already received the "upgrade".