Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

WHT

join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX
kudos:5

Android Tethering Slowly Getting Disabled

I installed PDAnet 3.0.2 two weeks ago and it was still working 2 days ago, but now it won't. Getting two error messages that the service is not available on your carrier and username/pass incorrect.

It appears to disable the 3G connection such that web browser access won't work until you wait five minutes or reboot the phone.

When I tried reinstalling PDAnet, the Android Market says it's not compatible with my phone, as well as many other tethering apps that were compatible in the past. I found a few more that are compatible, at least they say there are. Will find out.

WHT

Rosston, TX
Nope...All of the tethering apps I found will turn off my 3G connection.

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
said by WHT:

Nope...All of the tethering apps I found will turn off my 3G connection.

Dan's gotta pay for that back-peddle on wimax to LTE somehow... looks like he wants you to pay for PAM

criggs

join:2000-07-14
New York, NY
reply to WHT
WHT, which Android phone do you have? What data plan? And what tether apps did you try?

WHT

Rosston, TX
Sprint Conquer
PDAnet website Android

The app was removed from Market in the last two weeks, so had to get it from the junefabrics.com website. Also, you must use the "hide tethering" option.

criggs

join:2000-07-14
New York, NY
Interesting. I wonder whether other Sprint Android phone users with other tether aps are having similar problems.

WHT

Rosston, TX
Same thing on a friend's Galaxy. It look Sprint specific instead of phone specific.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1
reply to WHT
I will try my WinMo phone tonight and see what happens.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX
kudos:6
reply to WHT
Try this tether app

»market.android.com/details?id=co···a.tether

Didn't see it mentioned anywhere so I thought I'd toss it out there. He says it somewhere but its supposed to be undetectable by the service provider.

WHT

Rosston, TX
PDAnet is undetectable if you check the box during installation.

mclasser

join:2011-12-12
reply to WHT
I've been using the free version of EasyTether since I got my Nexus S 4G back in Aug. of last year without any problems whatsoever. I didn't expect it to be this relatively fast and reliable. Even with Ice Cream Sandwich update, the program hasn't skipped a beat.