uniqs
share rss forum feed

jfmezei
Premium
join:2007-01-03
Pointe-Claire, QC
kudos:23
reply to Acanac Inc

Re: Velcom, Acanac, price change, when ?

said by Acanac Inc:

Most importantly none of our plans will come with any bandwidth caps.

Wait a minute here. How can you advertise no bandwidth cap when you cap the bandwidth at 8mbps ?

I do not believe that there is any technology that exists today which does not have a bandwidth cap.

Acanac Inc
Premium
join:2007-03-05
Mississauga, ON
I am in trouble

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

1 edit
said by jfmezei:

said by Acanac Inc:

Most importantly none of our plans will come with any bandwidth caps.

Wait a minute here. How can you advertise no bandwidth cap when you cap the bandwidth at 8mbps ?

I do not believe that there is any technology that exists today which does not have a bandwidth cap.

said by Acanac Inc:

I am in trouble

In BIG trouble if you keep using the term 'Bandwidth' incorrectly when JF, myself, and some others are around here.

C'mon Indie ISPs, lets get together on this :

Bandwidth is the technical term for SPEED, not for 'Monthly USAGE', which itself COULD be called Traffic, if you still want another word for it.

You and a couple of others need to change your rate pages to use the industry lingo properly, or else one day your low prices alone will not be enough to bring in customers.

[/morning rant, now going for a coffee]

Acanac Inc
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Old habits are hard to break. You absolutely correct that we should be using proper industry lingo.

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
said by Acanac Inc:

Old habits are hard to break. You absolutely correct that we should be using proper industry lingo.

Thanks for saying so.

Now if we could just get Marc to say so too, and y'all edit your rate pages on yer websites.....

I know that we all have bigger telecom fish to fry, but doing that would be small and symbolic victory for some.

After all, this is supposed to be a forum of geeks (not just complainers), and we should ALL know our stuff, not just the ISPs.

Acanac Inc
Premium
Mississauga, ON
One we do our plan updates I will also make the changes to the lingo.

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!

1 edit
said by Acanac Inc:

Once we do our plan updates I will also make the changes to the lingo.

K00L !

And I/we will also be looking at your numbers - not just the words.

BUT, (and I've said this before - check my post history)

ANY IISP (Indie ISP) who puts the following words together in a sentence will REALLY get MY attention :

CABLE, TPIA, COGECO, EASTERN ONTARIO, AVAILABLE NOW, CLICK HERE (on a working link )

Of course this would need to include reasonable prices, caps, and overuse fees.

A solid 8Mb/1Mb would be enough bandwidth (speed) for me, though some would be thirsty for more.

Just saying....